Disc Golf Store
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Paul...I'm getting stationed in Korea this spring for a year (luckily they have a good disc golf scene!) And am looking to play a few tourneys in Japan due to it s close proximity. Any tips for playing 150 class? Right now my 150 bag is nearly all Innova except for Laces (all Innova is DX, Champ or Pro, no Blizzard) Lace x2, Destroyer, Wraith, Teebird, Eagle, RocM Gator, Pig and Rhyno...
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
There was a tounament right before Am worlds in 2007 where I won by 9 I believe amd that was when I knew it was time to go all out and make the jump to open.....

Then Paul made the official jump to pro disc golfer and he accepted his first pro cash my annual event: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/12807 (Now called the Sky High Show Down.)

He won the event the following year while shattering the course record with a blistering 21 down!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by archmage View Post
And in midranges I'd think Discraft might have to rethink their whole lineup, as Innova players can get all the possible flight paths from Rocs of various stages of wear, while Discraft offers no such disc, and their players will have to use several mold slots in their midrange selection.
I have to disagree here. I used to carry Wasps only in various stages of wear. I had my understable Wasp (X plastic slightly beat). A straight Wasp (flat top Z beat) and my overstable Wasp (new flat top Z). Those 3 discs covered everything I needed in a mid slot.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Scales View Post
I have to disagree here. I used to carry Wasps only in various stages of wear. I had my understable Wasp (X plastic slightly beat). A straight Wasp (flat top Z beat) and my overstable Wasp (new flat top Z). Those 3 discs covered everything I needed in a mid slot.
And if you really wanted to, you could compliment that w/ an X-Buzzz, Z-Buzzz, and Glo Buzzz (for more o-stable than regular). That's two molds/six mids covering every possible midrange shot you could want.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:02 PM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZoods View Post
If you don't have any bigger tournaments going on the weekend of the 27th, there's a monthly at Goat Hill. I remember you've mentioned that as one of your favorite courses in the area. It's only a round + Final 9, but I thought you might be interested. It won't result in a big payout by any means, but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to cover the cost of driving down here.
i will be down there this sunday i'm unsure if i will be down there back to back weekends.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeterrbear View Post
Hmmm... I don't know if this has been asked, but would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?

On a similar, but non-violent note: cats or dogs? Or ferrets or weasels or what animal for a pet?

And one last one: would you ever grow facial hair?
100 duck sized horses
dogs,
cats are cool if you can teach them tricks ferrets just smell.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9cian4life View Post
At least I was right in my assumption Haha What brand of glove do you prefer? I've always used a Wilson.. from my first teeball glove from Walmart to the A2000 I use now Haha
i'm unsure about my younger days but i was using a will A2000 the black and silver 10"
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archmage View Post
Have you thought how the mold limit might influence manufacturers, and gravitate players towards certain kinds of discs? For example, if you like to use a stable to overstable putter, you can beat some of them up and get overstable, straight and understable flights by using just a single mold, while if someone likes to use a putter that is straight to understable to begin with, there is no way to make it more overstable, and therefore you have to use another mold to complement it. And in midranges I'd think Discraft might have to rethink their whole lineup, as Innova players can get all the possible flight paths from Rocs of various stages of wear, while Discraft offers no such disc, and their players will have to use several mold slots in their midrange selection.

Also, could that promote inconsistent manufacturing too, as when one mold varies a lot from disc to disc, it could be very useful thing, as you'd get many different kind of flights from a single mold? But when you bought a disc of that mold, you'd never know what you're going to get before you throw it. So it'd be a double-edged sword.
i've never thought of it in the manufactures mind but if you think about it each course is different so it would be a challenge more for the player then the manufacture because its up to them to choose the right bag setting for that course or event.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
i will be down there this sunday i'm unsure if i will be down there back to back weekends.
Play Brengle Terrace in Vista while you're at it. It's 10-15 minutes away at the most and a fun course. Make sure to have a map or a local though. There are a few spots you'll need help navigating.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
I like this idea, but mold types would be hard to enforce. How many discs look very similar without the stamp? and how many molds have so much variance you might think they were different discs without the stamps?

Edit: not arguing, just wondering what some ideas for doing a rule like that effectively.
it would be more responsibility for the pdga to check the discs and possibly give them a stamp or approval for the discs such as the weight is legal and the name of the disc on it some place.
Closed Thread