#1051  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:18 PM
GLong's Avatar
GLong GLong is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,431
many pages back, i noticed your comment about retiring several putters over the course of this past year. is this for commemorative purposes or because you prefer the consistency of a new(er) disc? obviously you play a lot of disc golf, so dx and kc pro plastic is going to go through its lifespan faster than for the average player. what are your thoughts and opinions on this?
  #1052  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLong View Post
many pages back, i noticed your comment about retiring several putters over the course of this past year. is this for commemorative purposes or because you prefer the consistency of a new(er) disc? obviously you play a lot of disc golf, so dx and kc pro plastic is going to go through its lifespan faster than for the average player. what are your thoughts and opinions on this?
i've started to do it to mark certain wins throughout the year as a trophy to myself they are easier to keep track then the trophies they give us. i prefer newer discs anyways so i go through them about every 3 months.
  #1053  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdizzlefizzle View Post

I just want to throw a frisbee called a manatee
They've got one on the new Disc Golf 3D app for iPhone/iPad.
  #1054  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:57 PM
WOTI's Avatar
WOTI WOTI is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 79
As a newer player I get a thrill to see the shot I plan unfold correctly. Once you get to the level you are at, does it become just another shot or do you still feel that pride? And if you do, is it as strong of a thrill as it used to be?
  #1055  
Old 01-15-2013, 11:13 PM
DannyThunders's Avatar
DannyThunders DannyThunders is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orange , CA
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
I'm also unsure the name but they are low cut and water proof

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/xa-comp-7-cs-wp.html


^^^ Are these the ones???


Saloman has some very interesting products
  #1056  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTI View Post
As a newer player I get a thrill to see the shot I plan unfold correctly. Once you get to the level you are at, does it become just another shot or do you still feel that pride? And if you do, is it as strong of a thrill as it used to be?
you still fill a rush but its normally short lived because you know the hole\round isn't over yet. the main difference is as soon as you release the disc you know whether or not its perfect, good, acceptable, or just plain terrible.
  #1057  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 AM
General Scales's Avatar
General Scales General Scales is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spokane WA
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,178
What is the biggest ace of your career? Both in distance and ace pot.
  #1058  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyThunders View Post
http://www.salomon.com/us/product/xa-comp-7-cs-wp.html


^^^ Are these the ones???


Saloman has some very interesting products
yes but in the black and redish color
  #1059  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Scales View Post
What is the biggest ace of your career? Both in distance and ace pot.
i hit a 571' hole in a tournament to take the lead at a tournament last year.

money for a ace i think just a couple hundred nothing to huge.
 

  #1060  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:58 AM
General Scales's Avatar
General Scales General Scales is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spokane WA
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,178
If you have thrown the Rival (and can comment on it) do you think it's the Teebird of the new age?
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.