Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 AM
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Scales View Post
If you have thrown the Rival (and can comment on it) do you think it's the Teebird of the new age?
my girlfriend has thrown it and so have some friends... you can't replace the teebird.... it files more like a eagle anyways.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
you still fill a rush but its normally short lived because you know the hole\round isn't over yet. the main difference is as soon as you release the disc you know whether or not its perfect, good, acceptable, or just plain terrible.
So true.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thanks for taking these questions and stuff Paul.
When you go to courses to just play a round when your traveling. not related to the tourney your heading to or leaving from will you play with the locals that didn't know you were coming?
Or would it be annoying?
I ask because I'm a big rig driver and I try to play as much as I can in places that would be considered destinations.
One being cliff Stephens since its the champs house. I'm not gonna lie and say I looked around the whole time not hoping he would be there and want to play a round with me. So I guess the real question is if one of us see you and your.boys about to throw. Can we join if we promise not to bug you about how to play the whole time? Lol. Like a 15 year old girl at the backdoor boys concert...
Old 01-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 18
Will you ever come back to evergreen? Mike Roberts told me you used to come and slay our local tourneys it would be awesome to watch you play out there.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobaque View Post
Thanks for taking these questions and stuff Paul.
When you go to courses to just play a round when your traveling. not related to the tourney your heading to or leaving from will you play with the locals that didn't know you were coming?
Or would it be annoying?
I ask because I'm a big rig driver and I try to play as much as I can in places that would be considered destinations.
One being cliff Stephens since its the champs house. I'm not gonna lie and say I looked around the whole time not hoping he would be there and want to play a round with me. So I guess the real question is if one of us see you and your.boys about to throw. Can we join if we promise not to bug you about how to play the whole time? Lol. Like a 15 year old girl at the backdoor boys concert...
it really depends on what i'm at the course to do. if i've been having a bad day of golf or week ect. then i most likely would say no i need to get this stuff fixed or else i will just be a pain to play with and you would get a bad image of professional golf. but if i'm just traveling through and just trying to have fun on a new course that you knew and would like to show me or us around of course it wouldn't be a problem.... i normally play by myself when i'm home anyways or with the GF.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinwizzz View Post
Will you ever come back to evergreen? Mike Roberts told me you used to come and slay our local tourneys it would be awesome to watch you play out there.
maybe it just sucks that Socal doesn't have any big events anymore. people don't get the chance to experience the great course we have like i got to growing up. I really hope i get the chance again though
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 37
Word. Thanks. I play alone a lot too since I'm on the road. It's my happy place...well besides a fridge of beer amd my niners in the superbowl. Oh. That may happen. so I get it. Sometimes emptying your bag on every hole is theraputic
Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobaque View Post
Sometimes emptying your bag on every hole is theraputic
That's an understatement.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
i hit a 571' hole in a tournament to take the lead at a tournament last year..
do you remember what course/hole that is? was it downhill or just the most magnificent crush of a drive ever?

Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 8
I got to meet you at Riverpark in Riverdale UT this past year. I was impressed with you professionalism and attitude. (unfortunately it appeared that the women didn't enjoy that tournament at all.) My question is this. I'm impressed at how quickly the top pros can get to a new course and learn it. Especially with all the different elevation changes. Do you throw the same discs at every elevation? Or do you change discs in and out of your bag?
Closed Thread