Old 01-19-2013, 02:01 PM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by costoid View Post
What about elbow pain, Paul? I've gotten "tennis elbow" from playing so much. Sometimes it hurts on my forearm, like I need Tommy John's surgery. Any of that sound familiar?
never had that pain from rhbh but i can see it if you throw sidearm a lot.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
hey paul, forgive me if this was covered already, and its not really a question,
but i watched some footage of the EO2011, yesterday, and unfortunately saw the 4 back to back OB you threw, right after you had the lead, and bogied the two previous holes.
you could see your frustration on the two bogies, but when you threw the island and went ob the second time, you can see this smirk on your face.
sorry but I thought it was sweet. it showed how even a pros of pros can have bad throws and even a spree of them. you just have to shake it off, because ultimately you got into this sport for fun, although for you it has progressed from there.
i think how you handled it was a great show of sportsmanship, and charter on your part. Good luck this season.
i can't wait to get revenge on that course... i played the front 9 like a champ shot like 20 or something under for the 4 rounds but about 10 over on the back 9 there and those 2 back to back holes were daggers for me. i have pretty much thought of that back 9 every day wanting revenge on that course. the smirk was kinda like " you got me course, you win this time" haha... i had no clue i was leading either so there wasn't any pressure like that.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
i can't wait to get revenge on that course... i played the front 9 like a champ shot like 20 or something under for the 4 rounds but about 10 over on the back 9 there and those 2 back to back holes were daggers for me. i have pretty much thought of that back 9 every day wanting revenge on that course. the smirk was kinda like " you got me course, you win this time" haha... i had no clue i was leading either so there wasn't any pressure like that.
Just before your problems, you eagled a par 5 which after watching all the other players looked impossible? Did anyone else eagle that hole that you heard of?
Old 01-19-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Just before your problems, you eagled a par 5 which after watching all the other players looked impossible? Did anyone else eagle that hole that you heard of?
i don't think anyone did it was a longggggg hole with probably the toughest tee shot shot on a par five... lots of risk reward on it
Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by costoid View Post
What about elbow pain, Paul? I've gotten "tennis elbow" from playing so much. Sometimes it hurts on my forearm, like I need Tommy John's surgery. Any of that sound familiar?
Quote:
never had that pain from rhbh but i can see it if you throw sidearm a lot.
I believe that the sidearm throw in disc golf is taught WAY inappropriately. You shouldn't have to hold your elbow right up against your body. That's just asking for future injury. You are never taught in baseball to throw sidearm that way. There are some short throws I'll keep it closER, but I see this mistake [IMHO] being made all the time, even by pros.

Stretch your forearm and shoulder a lot before throwing sidearm, your chance of injury will be reduced, greatly, just by warming up properly.

Didn't mean to butt in your answer Paul, just makes me whince when I see younger guys throwing as hard as they can with a 90 degree elbow.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 77
Hey Paul, do your hands ever get really dry, almost to the point where you can't grip a disc? If so, how do you eliminate this problem?
Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aPfaff View Post
Hey Paul, do your hands ever get really dry, almost to the point where you can't grip a disc? If so, how do you eliminate this problem?
you know i'm still trying to figure that one out... i lick my fingers but that isn't always successful
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHFH
hi can you help me on my thread what disc next for me and do you know what other pro players are on here (shultz,climo,wiggins or others) i need help from pros since i am only a kid and still developing here is link http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=80169 thanks
Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPfaff View Post
I tend to get dry hands rather than sweaty hands ... I've never used a birdie bag because my hands are naturally dry.

Breath out slow, hot air on your throwing hand right before you grip the disc. Gets some condensation onto your hand and you get a real good grip.Works great in the winter to warm your hand up some too!

Old 01-19-2013, 09:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
you know i'm still trying to figure that one out... i lick my fingers but that isn't always successful
Carry a damp micro fiber towel in your bag.

Ever since I started doing that I've had no issues with grip, or dry, dusty hands.
Closed Thread