#1261  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
JReynolds JReynolds is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Courses Played: 23
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE Nate View Post
Paul,

I wanted to say that following this thread has quickly made you my favorite DGer.

I have 2 questions. Are you going to be playing anywhere near Spokane Wa this year? I have never been to a pro event and would love to plan a trip with my GF that incorporates watching a tourny...

2nd. I recently gained access to 15 acres of land that has multiple elevation changes as well as a 100 foot cliff that runs along the edge of the property. I have purchased 6 baskets and am making 3 hanging baskets. The plan is to use each basket 2x but from different directions/elevations. What advise do you have for someone who is designing their 1st course?
Sorry for the slight threadjack, but Nate, you missed out last Sept. buddy. Nikko, Will Schuesterick, and Kyle Crabtree (although he is at most of our tournies) were in town and put on a great show
  #1262  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE Nate View Post
Paul,

I wanted to say that following this thread has quickly made you my favorite DGer.

I have 2 questions. Are you going to be playing anywhere near Spokane Wa this year? I have never been to a pro event and would love to plan a trip with my GF that incorporates watching a tourny...

2nd. I recently gained access to 15 acres of land that has multiple elevation changes as well as a 100 foot cliff that runs along the edge of the property. I have purchased 6 baskets and am making 3 hanging baskets. The plan is to use each basket 2x but from different directions/elevations. What advise do you have for someone who is designing their 1st course?
i don't believe i will be making it to washington this year, you guys should go to a event regardless to just watch and support.

i wouldn't recommend hanging baskets, i also don't think they are pdga legal if you ever want to have a even. I have never designed a course but i would say make as much variety as possible wooded to open open to wooded uphill down hill just keep people guessing whats coming next.
  #1263  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
Paul

What are you using for a roller these days and is it worn in or a newer
disc. I'm old school and roll with a stingray San Marino for short trick shots
and a roadrunner for long shots but it doesn't curl around at the end.
And have tried others that didn't work for you...

Thanks Mort

#4634
i have a beat up roc, new roadrunner champion or star 166, beat up beast 167 to 175 depending on how beat and a beat up light destroyer 167 for long distances.... they all filter through my bag depending on the course
  #1264  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Buchajs1 Buchajs1 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 485
Do you ever travel up toteh yetter a tier? It would be awesome to see a pro such as yourself there
  #1265  
Old 01-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Craton's Avatar
Craton Craton is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
where ever you read that it was old... i played that in 2007 i believe i had only played 20 courses at that point. i honestly don't remember much about that course besides hole 1 where i threw a soft turnover roc.... sorry i wish i could help you on this question.
No worries! Figured it was old news, but worth a shot.
  #1266  
Old 01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
keltik's Avatar
keltik keltik is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Horneytown NC
Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,813
what you don't like tacos?
  #1267  
Old 01-23-2013, 05:22 PM
BZoods's Avatar
BZoods BZoods is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GrandRapids/SanDiego
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_B5932 View Post
Just stating what I always had to deal with and what I have found to be still true. I just got back into playing again and I cant even take my 7 year old son to my local course because of the drug problem. I have been involved with disc golf since 1989 so I have seen a lot.
If you're talking about Morley, that is definitely one of the worst courses I have ever played in regards to drugs being used. Kit Carson and Brengle Terrace in north county aren't NEARLY as bad. I'd safely say that 9/10 times I go to either of those courses I don't run into anyone blatantly using drugs. Whereas every time I've been to Morley I've seen people using drugs.

Last edited by BZoods; 01-23-2013 at 05:26 PM.
  #1268  
Old 01-23-2013, 05:26 PM
g2avity g2avity is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Plymouth, MN
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZoods View Post
If you're talking about Morley, that is definitely one of the worst courses I have ever played in regards to drugs being used. Kit Carson and Brengle Terrace in north county aren't NEARLY as bad. I'd safely say that 9/10 times I go to either of those courses I don't run into anyone blatantly using drugs.
When you say 'drugs' do you mean substances other than pot? Just curious.
  #1269  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 PM
BZoods's Avatar
BZoods BZoods is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GrandRapids/SanDiego
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2avity View Post
When you say 'drugs' do you mean substances other than pot? Just curious.
I've never seen use of any drugs other than pot at any courses. But I wouldn't be all that surprised if I were to see it at Morley. The pot smokers there aren't very discrete (as compared to every other course I've played), so I wouldn't be surprised if I did see use of any other drugs there. But the guy was talking about not being able to bring his 7 year old out, so I'm sure pot was the deal-breaker there.
 

  #1270  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchajs1 View Post
Do you ever travel up toteh yetter a tier? It would be awesome to see a pro such as yourself there
i do not know if it's on my schedule but i do hear good things about the yetter
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.