Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 AM
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Scales View Post
What is your favorite hole at Milo? Is it on the east or west course?
i'm unsure which is west and which is east but i always love the tee shot off the genius hole then the 2 that follow are sweet Tough par 4s
Old 01-24-2013, 12:35 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
What bizarro world are you talking about? The number of disc golfers is peanuts compared to most sports. There are sports way bigger and older than disc golf that also don't have much money and they even have testing. There are many Olympians which are the elite of the elite and they still can't afford to quit their day job and they have testing out the wazoo.

There isn't much anyone can do to stop the "image" of recreational dgers, except taking courses out of public parks and making them all private pay to play. I don't think that will grow the number of players or the competitive pool though. The general public doesn't even know there are competitive disc golfers, touring pros, or a PDGA. I didn't even know there were disc golf tournaments until I had played 2 years or so.

All I will say to this is, LOL. Not worth arguing with you.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2avity View Post
When you say 'drugs' do you mean substances other than pot? Just curious.
When I was competing it was the norm to see the guys I was playing with bust out a bag of meth and snort lines right in front of me. This happened at Morley all the time, had it happened at Huntington Beach, DeLa Veaga and oak grove also. Morley was the worst and most likely still is. What kills me is that it is a pay to play course so something needs to be done about it. The thing is, if they tried to stop the problem at Morley then more than 1/2 of the courses business would be gone. The owner won't let that happen.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
i'm unsure which is west and which is east but i always love the tee shot off the genius hole then the 2 that follow are sweet Tough par 4s
those are holes 9,10 and 11 on the east course
Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 AM

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_B5932 View Post
When I was competing it was the norm to see the guys I was playing with bust out a bag of meth and snort lines right in front of me. This happened at Morley all the time, had it happened at Huntington Beach, DeLa Veaga and oak grove also. Morley was the worst and most likely still is. What kills me is that it is a pay to play course so something needs to be done about it. The thing is, if they tried to stop the problem at Morley then more than 1/2 of the courses business would be gone. The owner won't let that happen.
thats horrible.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 AM

I see that you play with all the rocs...kc, dx, roc3 and star.....what do you think is the difference between these? and when do you use them?
and why is the shark3 gonna take the star rocs place?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 32
During the Memorial at Vista; what disc and shot do you throw on hole12 (the dam hole)? That hole gives me fits.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.3
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
I knew he answered this somewhat and I wasn't going to look for long to find this, but it was on the 3rd page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discgolferinsweden View Post
I see that you play with all the rocs...kc, dx, roc3 and star.....what do you think is the difference between these? and when do you use them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
They range from 172-180 dx for light turn over KC for straight to turnover champion for straight cotrolled shots and star for overstable
Old 01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_B5932 View Post
That's crazy, it sounds like it's your area that has a massive problem. I'd move or call in the marines.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discgolferinsweden View Post
the shark3 is a bit faster and more predictable then the star roc. i prefer flatter mid ranges and the shark3 is that.
Closed Thread