Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
Don't know if anyone has asked this yet, but what do you think about the idea to have you go on the Ellen show?
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=78335
Old 12-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmzane View Post
Thanks Paul. Do you ever find yourself second guessing disc selection if/when you are looking at an awkward distance or will the eye for that just come naturally in time? Is it generally best to throw the slowest disc that will get to your target in an open hole scenario in your opinion?
I second this question
Old 12-24-2012, 02:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Sweet thread; favorite replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Non sports realated I would be an architect. Thats what I went to school for and thats whats my Grandfather does so I learned young.
Nice!

Quote:
My first discs were a 3 pack from Big 5 for christmas a orange dx cheetah, white shark and blue aviar. I started playing around 14
That's the official starter bag of natural athletes, I've heard.

Quote:
Top 3 would be
1) P&A in KC plastic
2)Roc3 in KC plastic
3) Champion Gazelle
Nice! I've always said the Gazelle is crazy useful as a mini-Teebird. Also the tester P&A in KC was sweetness. The best DX are KC-stiff. Your dream config is the full P&A mold right? Not the tall-nose of the P2/Driver + beadless, but the legit P&A mold.

Quote:
Never have watched a star wars episode or movies so I don't have a problem with it.
Maximum bonus.
Just guessing here -- have you ever been much of a video game player? I never owned a console and don't play games on comp/phone -- the only other 20s-30s people I hear this from are hardcore lifelong hobbies/sports folk.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Destroyer 3.0

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Hey Paul, why does your copycat thread get stickied and MJ's hasn't?

But in all seriousness, really enjoyed watching you play in Charlotte this year, good luck next year!
lol, i contacted paul and asked him would he be willing to participate in this thread and he was cool with it!

i obviously got the idea from the great MJ thread which just keeps rolling along full steam ahead. the idea that these top pro's can interact and help with us DG'ers on all levels is a great thing indeed. imagine being a very young player just starting out, discovering this forum and having a question answered by a world champ - priceless.

the questions have been very good and paul has stepped up to the plate and delivered. some of the advice i'm reading here is just straight up on point!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:19 PM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmzane View Post
Thanks Paul. Do you ever find yourself second guessing disc selection if/when you are looking at an awkward distance or will the eye for that just come naturally in time? Is it generally best to throw the slowest disc that will get to your target in an open hole scenario in your opinion?
Yes all the time and that is where your course preparation has to kick in. how did youthrow that hole in practice.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames1014 View Post
Don't know if anyone has asked this yet, but what do you think about the idea to have you go on the Ellen show?
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=78335
I like it. My mom mentioned doing it since she lives that show and then a few days later I was contacted by someone who works at Warner Brothers which is where the Ellen show is filmed.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
I like it. My mom mentioned doing it since she lives that show and then a few days later I was contacted by someone who works at Warner Brothers which is where the Ellen show is filmed.
If this becomes a confirmed thing you have got to let us know when to tune in. I never watch Ellen but if you're on there I will most definately be watching.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:26 PM

@ZAMson... I do play Xbox and video games but they are mostly sports related. Madden and tiger woods mostly
Old 12-24-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJesus View Post
If this becomes a confirmed thing you have got to let us know when to tune in. I never watch Ellen but if you're on there I will most definately be watching.
If people write and like the link says it should become a reality

Old 12-24-2012, 03:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 84
Quote:
I think it would be cool. Exposure for the sport for the right reasons.
Closed Thread