#1401  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,425
Look Good-Feel Good-Play Good
  #1402  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 AM
theeterrbear theeterrbear is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ohio
Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
someone listens to feldbergs clinics... i must say ive never understood where he got that.... imo
If I recall correctly it's because we (in general) line things up with our dominant eye. Our brain thinks the dominant eye is looking straight ahead and so we have a tendency to throw that line versus the actual line to the basket. Or it over compensates or something. I'm actually making this up as I go.

But I think you may not have had the issue because of baseball. Your brain was already trained to properly compensate? I'm just making this up too. Seems to make sense.

Do you plan on playing the Brent Hambrick Memorial Open?
  #1403  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:52 AM
PMcBeth PMcBeth is offline
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeterrbear View Post
If I recall correctly it's because we (in general) line things up with our dominant eye. Our brain thinks the dominant eye is looking straight ahead and so we have a tendency to throw that line versus the actual line to the basket. Or it over compensates or something. I'm actually making this up as I go.

But I think you may not have had the issue because of baseball. Your brain was already trained to properly compensate? I'm just making this up too. Seems to make sense.

Do you plan on playing the Brent Hambrick Memorial Open?
i think its completly made up, why would no other sport EVER talk about this.....

yes i believe so
  #1404  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 AM
theeterrbear theeterrbear is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ohio
Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
i think its completly made up, why would no other sport EVER talk about this.....

yes i believe so
Because they figured out how to make it disappear.

Could I potentially be your caddy? Hahaha
  #1405  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:12 AM
prospect prospect is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Courses Played: 22
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
the gator is pretty much a stock disc haha
ive never the early runs
I guess what I'm saying is, the current production of champion gators are CFR only. The current gators I would classify as stock are run in dx and star. I've found the early runs fly much different, and I was wondering if you felt the same way.
  #1406  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 AM
techn9cian4life's Avatar
techn9cian4life techn9cian4life is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boise, Idaho
Courses Played: 7
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartman View Post


Kohl's has a good line of golf apparel (think it's called Grand Slam).
Seconded... I work at Kohl's Haha Once a week before work I'll check the clearance racks and see if any thing Dri Fit related is on there. Otherwise I go to Ross quite often.
  #1407  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:48 AM
tu-f-o tu-f-o is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 745
Paul, I've watched those vids of your drives, and I know you heel pivot. My question is, when you do the pivot, is your right leg completely straight or slightly bent at the knee, or very bent?
From vids, it seems like your right leg is slightly bent at the knee when you pivot.
Is this natural or did one way cause you to feel pain somewhere?

Also, for your stand-still approach shots, do you still pivot with your heel or ball of foot? Or not at all?

Thanks and all of your answers were really cool/helpful.
  #1408  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 AM
SpringDgLover's Avatar
SpringDgLover SpringDgLover is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring, Texas 77379 USA
Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 94
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
Paul, I've watched those vids of your drives, and I know you heel pivot. My question is, when you do the pivot, is your right leg completely straight or slightly bent at the knee, or very bent?
From vids, it seems like your right leg is slightly bent at the knee when you pivot.
Is this natural or did one way cause you to feel pain somewhere?

Also, for your stand-still approach shots, do you still pivot with your heel or ball of foot? Or not at all?

Thanks and all of your answers were really cool/helpful.
I want to say something about the supposed heel pivot. There is a common misconception that this is something pro's or high level players do intentionally. Such as they do their X step then plant their heel into the ground and spin. This is completely false. In reality when a player properly intergates their hips into a throw, using proper foot work, transitioning from the ball of your foot to your heel becomes biomechanically the only way a throw should end. The idea that you have to physically, make yourself rotate on your heel, will get you in way more trouble, then you can imagine. Only by isolating and using your feet and hips properly will you get the proper foot elighnment on your follow through.
  #1409  
Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 AM
Geaver Geaver is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 40
Posts: 76
Paul, I was just curious as to what the other pros that you play with, and associate with, think about this site and the forums here. Is it like listening to sports-talk radio and hearing a bunch of jackasses talking about them, or do they want to start their own "ask" threads. There was some talk about twitter and such earlier, and i feel like you have a ton of new fans by keeping this thread going. A someone who almost never posts but reads a lot here, Thanks, and you have another fan.
 

  #1410  
Old 01-29-2013, 07:47 AM
roclover roclover is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 143
Posts: 38
Hey Paul,

Earlier in this thread you mentioned the different putting styles that you utilize. Can you please shed a little more light on when/where/how you use these different styles?

For example, most people use the same style of putt for everything inside of the circle under normal conditions, but start to change things once they move further outside of the circle. At what point do you start to change things up, and how so? Also, how does wind effect you style of putting? Do you speed it up, slow it down, spin, push, hyzer, flat etc. I remember watching you putt at the MN Majestic last year and being so impressed with the accuracy and power you got on your 50 ft putts. But it didn't look like you were doing any kind of walk through or jump putt. What would you call that and how do you execute that technique. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.