Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
To go for the 2 on that hole aggressively is not smart golf. Leaving himself a putt was super aggressive as it was. I wonder if there were any 2s on that hole today?
I left myself a 40' birdie putt for two on the last round. Of course I ran it, skipped off the top and rolled ob. Its a very birdie-able hole, you just can't have a doubt in your head. I know Koling got it on Thursday
Old 03-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 24
^^^^ True. I could tell some players were having some doubts when putting. Commit it or lay up!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 107
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
I left myself a 40' birdie putt for two on the last round. Of course I ran it, skipped off the top and rolled ob. Its a very birdie-able hole, you just can't have a doubt in your head. I know Koling got it on Thursday
I would bet it averaged close to 4 for all players 950+ (probably for 980+ also)

yes it is deuce-able, but it plays closer to a 4 than a 3
Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 AM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRATC View Post
Hey Paul, first of all good luck! I don't expect a reply for a bit but anyways. I just hurt my wrist and I will be out for about two weeks (optimistic estimate). Do you know of any drills I can do to strengthen areas of my game that don't necessarily involve moving my wrist much? Something like footwork or body timing?
maybe some outside disc golf drills to help you footwork. almost like a football style drill for quick feet. could pass time instead of thinking about playing disc golf
Old 03-04-2013, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikk.novadg View Post
Lol neither are you

Hi Paul,

Which, if any, is your favorite course in virginia? Thanks for doing this thread its pretty awesome of you to do this! You've definitely gained a fan in me. Good luck at the memorial and the upcoming season in general!!
never been there
Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 AM

[QUOTE=dpo2002;1865521]

sound a little more excited when you talk about the sports since we can see you so you have to keep their interest. Also take you time speaking no need to rush through it show them that you care and have a interest
Old 03-04-2013, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk59 View Post
Hey Paul,
Earlier this week in the Bolf world Tiger and Rory were both knocked out in the first round of their match play, also in Arizona. Are you at all concerned that there is some bad JuJu in Arizona right now that's affecting top rated golfers that transcends the two sports? Also the Toronto Blue Jays are Vegas favorites to win the world series this year, can you tell me who Vegas is and how comes up with this stuff?
guess it was a weird week in AZ also vegas in a mad up city in the middle of the desert so dont take it to serious
Old 03-04-2013, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Strat View Post
This was about Roc3's. What 3 do you carry, and why? Different weights, domes, etc?
they are beat into different levels and also a extr because you never know when you may lose one
Old 03-04-2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatsmith View Post
I wonder if this wind will keep up. kind of a freak storm and that's accounting for Arizona's freak storminess. That could definitely create a situation where someone with extensive knowledge of the course over time would be at an advantage. I don't see it being this windy though...as the saying goes if you don't like the weather in (your state), wait a minute. What's your head wind driver of choice Paul? and your tailwind driver? Thanks.
for disctance its a destroyer for control in the wind glow firebird

tailwind i like to throw a krait or teebird

Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgWvDave View Post
Paul,
Is your knee ok? Read somewhere today that you were wearing a knee brace this past weekend in vegas. I hope all is well and good luck next weekend!
i have a torn meniscus but i think i can hold off till winter to get surgery, have another DR appt. the 13th to see if holding off surgery is still a option.
Closed Thread