Old 04-02-2013, 11:23 PM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc430 View Post
How to you handle the mental side when your on the tee, in a big pressure spot with a huge gallery? Do you tune everything out and focus hard? Go to your happy place?

Thank Paul!
I can tune everything out. I learned that at a young age playing baseball, my family would always ask after the games if i could hear them yelling and my answer was always "didn't even know you guys came to watch" haha
Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eemeli137 View Post
whats your favorite disc that you dont carry in your bag
beast and roadrunner for rollers but a lot of courses dont need that kind of shot
Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
Hey Paul! On behalf of DGers from Oklahoma I must say we are very excited to have you at Little River this weekend! Your presence has increased attendance for this event greatly! Thanks for your support!
Thats awesome i hope more pros and female pros show up wouldn't mind seeing a big field!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Have you ever seen/heard of someone roll with a Stingray? Played with a random guy yesterday and he pulled a DX one out and threw down a roller. Was kinda weird to see Haha
Old 04-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 114
mental game

After re-watching the Memorial final round, I just noticed the elderly couple that walked into your putt on hole 14. How do you refocus when something like that happens? Do you have something like Dave's thrice-tap shoulder setup or just pick a spot and go?

At the 1:14:45 mark in MurderMike's Memorial footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CYI-Eo5fOs
Old 04-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 93
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Thats awesome i hope more pros and female pros show up wouldn't mind seeing a big field!
I think he was just scared to come on over to Branson, MO for the $1000 cash added B-Tier... I'm totally 100% kidding. It's actually cool you guys can split up from time to time and draw more folks out to more stops. Can't wait to play Missouri's #1 rated course this weekend. It's a defunct ball golf course turned into a disc golf destination. Think about coming out later this year for the pro only Treehouz Open.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9cian4life View Post
Have you ever seen/heard of someone roll with a Stingray? Played with a random guy yesterday and he pulled a DX one out and threw down a roller. Was kinda weird to see Haha
One of the best roller discs ever made! Thats all we threw for rollers back in the day. I still have my favorite one from around 1994. Sorry, didn't mean to answer for you Paul.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
I moved up to Pro just to beat ya, Paul. Thanks so much for coming to central Ok and getting the tourney filled up to the cap.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 24
Nice, that reminds me of a movie called "The Greatest Game Every Played" (about Francis Quimet) where background, gallery etc are blurred out and only focus on the target. I remind of that part when I need to tune everything out.

Quote:
I can tune everything out. I learned that at a young age playing baseball, my family would always ask after the games if i could hear them yelling and my answer was always "didn't even know you guys came to watch" haha

Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM

Courses Played: 2
Mini

Hey Paul! When I watch your youtube vids from the Memorial it appears that you don't use a mini very often. I was wondering if this is typical for you? Or if you could just comment on that? I've played a couple tourneys with guys who were very anal about mini usage, and I've definitely heard the "Practice with your mini because that's what you're gonna do it the tournament" line a lot, but I kinda find the mini to be distracting from my focus. Thanks!
Closed Thread