Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 AM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
this thread got a little weird any recent tourney coverage avail on youtube???

do top pros consider playing tourneys with camera crews a plus to play in or a minus? The majors are clear you need to have the coverage i'm just wondering the smaller ones if that comes into factoring playing or not?
i have a gopro that if someone i know is following i'll ask them to cover the round if possible but other than that i personally don't have any camera crew
Old 05-08-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicvoodoo View Post
Already got 2 warnings so I'm done speaking my mind.

If you notice, all I did was ask a simple question.

Then Paul got all dramatic, then of course all the blame is on me.

Just played some night disc golf in verdugo and I used this thread as motivation.

Played a great round similar scores as philo and mcbeth that's all I can say about my game.

Im not mad or even jealous or an attention whore.

Just find it funny that a top pro thinks non tourney rounds are worthless and don't mean anything.

Guess 85% of us are just wasting our time.

Tourneys is not the only type of disc golf, that is all
I'm not trying to be a dlck or anything but i'm guessing thats why 85% of people aren't professionals and if your not planning on being pro then casual rounds are all there gonna do.

PS thats like the 3rd time you've asked whats your worst round. you look for the worst stuff like they matter.... does that make you feel better that maybeeeee you could compete if a pro throws their D game and you achieve A?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyroberts18 View Post
For some, casual rounds to matter just as much because the focus is a little different. For those players not making their living off disc golf, casual rounds probably matter just as much as a tournament round. However, Paul has to support himself by competing at the highest level, meaning that casual rounds are not where his focus is. Casual rounds are where he fixes form flaws, works out the kinks, and gets his game in tune for the next tournament, where he is trying to put food on the table (so to speak). So, his answer was just from his perspective.

I could care less either way, just giving you my $.02
i guess i could have saved my last post because this is pretty much exactly what i typed haha
Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
I loved the video Paul. It's cool to see where you grew up and so forth. Good luck in your future events!
thank you
Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunham View Post
just saw this vid this morning... um?

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
they got balls, it would be pretty awesome to see more of these haha. I'm unsure how soon i could play them but i would haha.

If OrganicVoodoo did this now thats something i would like to see.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Obviously they must be fans of yours
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 53
VooDoo. Using a baseball analogy, lets say you hit 8 homers in batting practice but go 0-4 in the game...and McBeth hits a bunch of grounders in BP but goes 3-4 in the game...still think you can hang? Just curious.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 93
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicvoodoo View Post
Causal rounds do matter, they are what helped you practice and learn.

You wouldn't be the same player now without them!

Sorry but not everybody is tourney obsessed.

Guess you quit keeping score, when your playing bad in a casual round?
Tournament obsessed??? That's like the 3rd time you've said that. Paul, Nikko, Dave, Uli, Will, and all the rest are not obsessed... THEY ARE MAKING A LIVING. For them it's a career. I guess Kobe and Lebron are "game obsessed"? Iverson was for sure, but I digress... LOL!

I play everyday at lunch and never keep score... throwing usually 5 drives and upshots on every hole. There really is no such thing as a casual round for me. I'm either practicing or playing league or tournament... and I'm a silly Rec player!

So as stated before... I'll put my fairly substantial paycheck (I have a career, not a job) on the line right now for an Organicvoodoo vs. McBeast two round stroke play event. No tournament required... let's make is "causual"...

Name the place and time and I'll jump on my private jet (Cessna Citation V), pick up Paul where ever he happens to be, grab Murder Mike to video the thing and put this to bed finally.

Ball in your court...
Old 05-08-2013, 09:52 AM

Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
nothing to hide? whats your name?

DING DING DING DING!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 80
I don't think I even really need to say this but Paul is really a nice guy and a top notch pro. He came to a small tourney in my local area and played some great golf and was quite a good sport about it. He was also very approachable and friendly. I know a lot of people are probably jealous of the top pros for their skills and their ability to play disc golf all the time as a profession but remember; the pros are people too. They make barely enough money to survive out on the road and after all they do to help promote our sport, they deserve to be treated with respect, especially those like Paul who go out of their way to support local clubs, sign autographs and are really down to earth and kind.
Closed Thread