Old 01-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
Well if you ever make it back out to SoCal I'd enjoy shooting a round witcha at any course man, musick's told me some sick golf stories and I'd enjoy seeing it in person.
Count me in, too.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Thats really difficult in a low ceiling shot because your disc is diving into the ground so it could be as simple as get a disc with a but more glide or as difficult as learning a sidearm to cover that shot. Open field is simple because it's just more height and turn.
Ok, so I know this is an odd question but here it goes. I am an ambidextrous player so would I attain the same line you speak of buy throwing with my other hand rather than a sidearm for the same shot, based on the advice above? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: LHBH
God I'm drunk.....

I was trying to say.... I am an ambidextrous player so would I attain the same line you speak of by throwing with my other hand rather than a sidearm for the same shot, based on the advice above?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENFTS View Post
God I'm drunk.....

I was trying to say.... I am an ambidextrous player so would I attain the same line you speak of by throwing with my other hand rather than a sidearm for the same shot, based on the advice above?
Definitely warranted another post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 AM
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
Allowed*

What is the drill, exercise, workout that you think most helps with your snap?
I've never understood the term"snap" so please explain what your asking about. I've heard it used for multiple parts of the throw.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Ok, so I know this is an odd question but here it goes. I am an ambidextrous player so would I attain the same line you speak of buy throwing with my other hand rather than a sidearm for the same shot, based on the advice above? Thanks in advance.
Throwing with your other hand will allow you to flip a disc up then letting it hyzer which is difficult to do with a sidearm. So if you could id say switch arms not shot
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
God I'm drunk.....

Correct.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 13
Paul,

Any advice for a predominantly sidearm player who is developing a backhand? I use the Krait as my backhand distance driver but find I need to power down sidearm to avoid it turning over (compared to the Wraith). I think part of the Kraits lack of popularity is the other discs with similar stability ratings (5 glide, 1 turn, 2 fade) tend to be flippier. The Krait is very controllable thrown backhand but can be turned over when really cranked on. They made a Star plastic version with the pumpkin stamp for Halloween.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronMonier18 View Post
Paul,

Any advice for a predominantly sidearm player who is developing a backhand? I use the Krait as my backhand distance driver but find I need to power down sidearm to avoid it turning over (compared to the Wraith). I think part of the Kraits lack of popularity is the other discs with similar stability ratings (5 glide, 1 turn, 2 fade) tend to be flippier. The Krait is very controllable thrown backhand but can be turned over when really cranked on. They made a Star plastic version with the pumpkin stamp for Halloween.
Sidearm always flips discs over thats why people normally throw firebirds,max excalibers ect. I'm yet to throw the star krait.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 13
No doubt. The PD2 is another great sidearm driver. C-line is OOP which is a shame. You also want to have some discs with more control that aren't going to fade super hard (Wraith). This is why I'm working on my backhand.

Thanks Paul.
Closed Thread