Old 12-23-2012, 10:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 42
Go to bed Paul, it's Christmas Eve eve. By the way; how many nights at the Memorial do you need the magic Chilis fuel?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 PM
""Supporting The Legacy""

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 31
Just wanna say i followed you at the worlds in Charlotte ....to see some good disc golf ...and because my 11yr old said " wow dad who is that girl walking with Paul"...he got your autograph in the parking lot of hornets nest before the round but was to nervous to ask for Britney....
Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 PM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcr_russell View Post
Go to bed Paul, it's Christmas Eve eve. By the way; how many nights at the Memorial do you need the magic Chilis fuel?
Graham you know I would eat there every night if I could.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose-mdg View Post
Just wanna say i followed you at the worlds in Charlotte ....to see some good disc golf ...and because my 11yr old said " wow dad who is that girl walking with Paul"...he got your autograph in the parking lot of hornets nest before the round but was to nervous to ask for Britney....
Thats funny. She is intimidating sometimes.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Paul, thanks for doing this, I actually think this sorta interaction with pros is what the game really needs most of all. If every up-and-comer was able to have a discussion with someone at the top, I think it would be a great way to get people from getting to that discouraged beginner phase.

Anyway, I have a question that's not really a question, it's a request. You have old driving videos that I've seen a bit with the slo-mo, the one you just posted in that technique thread. Any way you could one day make a few videos just focused on your driving/putting technique? You're one of the purest drivers out there, and are far as accurate spin putters go you're right there on top, I know it would be appreciated if sometime over the next month or two just made a video clip or two of you driving/putting.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
Paul, thanks for doing this, I actually think this sorta interaction with pros is what the game really needs most of all. If every up-and-comer was able to have a discussion with someone at the top, I think it would be a great way to get people from getting to that discouraged beginner phase.

Anyway, I have a question that's not really a question, it's a request. You have old driving videos that I've seen a bit with the slo-mo, the one you just posted in that technique thread. Any way you could one day make a few videos just focused on your driving/putting technique? You're one of the purest drivers out there, and are far as accurate spin putters go you're right there on top, I know it would be appreciated if sometime over the next month or two just made a video clip or two of you driving/putting.
I've wanted to do those for awhile but this move to FL has been a little difficult, I'm going to try my best to get something going.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 32
How were you introduced to the game, and how old were you?

What was your first driver?
Old 12-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 67
Can you talk about an Innova sponsorship a bit? How often do they send you discs? Perks, freebies, etc
Old 12-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 22
Thanks for doing this thread!

I am way up in Northern Alberta- Grande Prairie is the name of my town. We do have an airport with many commercial flights coming into town everyday, but are fairly isolated. We just got our first course in this fall, and I have big dreams: we have people looking for things to do in a smallish city, huge money in town, excited civic leaders who want to innovate and create a world-class city, schools teaching disc golf, and available land with huge potential. I have high hopes that we can become a huge disc golf town (maybe even the best in Canada).

One of my long term (5-10 years) dreams is to someday host an A-tier and attract some of the top names in the sport. Assuming we had quality courses in the ground, what would we need to do to get pros like you to consider coming up?

I am assuming one thing we would need is some serious added cash. If so, how big a purse would it take for you to even think about coming up to Northern Canada?

Old 12-23-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactoduck916 View Post
How were you introduced to the game, and how old were you?

What was your first driver?
My dad has played for 25+ years every sunday is his disc golf day. I grew up around the sport but never played because of baseball. My first discs were a 3 pack from Big 5 for christmas a orange dx cheetah, white shark and blue aviar. I started playing around 14
Closed Thread