Old 12-23-2012, 11:59 PM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisher Streets View Post
Can you talk about an Innova sponsorship a bit? How often do they send you discs? Perks, freebies, etc
I can answer those questions
We get discs normally when we need them. We give our team manager a call and let him know what we need.
We get performance bonuses depending on the teir of event and placing.
Freebies are things like hats shirts calenders minis ect.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 67
Lets see a pic of your disc stash!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkious View Post
Thanks for doing this thread!

I am way up in Northern Alberta- Grande Prairie is the name of my town. We do have an airport with many commercial flights coming into town everyday, but are fairly isolated. We just got our first course in this fall, and I have big dreams: we have people looking for things to do in a smallish city, huge money in town, excited civic leaders who want to innovate and create a world-class city, schools teaching disc golf, and available land with huge potential. I have high hopes that we can become a huge disc golf town (maybe even the best in Canada).

One of my long term (5-10 years) dreams is to someday host an A-tier and attract some of the top names in the sport. Assuming we had quality courses in the ground, what would we need to do to get pros like you to consider coming up?

I am assuming one thing we would need is some serious added cash. If so, how big a purse would it take for you to even think about coming up to Northern Canada?
Thats awesome to hear!
If you are planning on building a huge event in 5-10 years I would offer get the town to fly a player or players out to the event. That will get the word of mouth going and soon attract more players and it allows you time to build the purse. An A tier event typically is around $1500 for 1st then fades down but I wouldn't put a limit on your tournament. I would also contact the PDGA maybe they can help you out down the road in building a Canadian Championship
Old 12-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
If you could have a mold made in a plastic which is not currently in production (like the elusive Glow Champion Rhynos), what would it be?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisher Streets View Post
Lets see a pic of your disc stash!
I can't post pictures from my phone but it's nothing special maybe 300 discs between the girlfriend and I
Old 12-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 46
How long do you spend looking for lost discs? How long if the disc that is new and easy to replace?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5QU166Y View Post
If you could have a mold made in a plastic which is not currently in production (like the elusive Glow Champion Rhynos), what would it be?
Top 3 would be
1) P&A in KC plastic
2)Roc3 in KC plastic
3) Champion Gazelle
Old 12-24-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
How long do you spend looking for lost discs? How long if the disc that is new and easy to replace?
It really depends on the disc. I won't look longer than 20 minutes and the reason is because I throw stock plastic so its ask replaceable.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Top 3 would be
1) P&A in KC plastic
2)Roc3 in KC plastic
3) Champion Gazelle

Old 12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
My dad has played for 25+ years every sunday is his disc golf day. I grew up around the sport but never played because of baseball. My first discs were a 3 pack from Big 5 for christmas a orange dx cheetah, white shark and blue aviar. I started playing around 14
Baseball? Nice. I am a high school baseball player soon to be college baseball player and forehand came natural to me. (i'm a three-quarters slot pitcher so not much difference mechanics wise) I've had great success forehand but my backhand is very limited. Is there anything you can compare backhand to baseball mechanics? Also I am looking to step up to the next level of disc golf. I am 17 and have success in the intermediate division but at what age did you turn the corner and become a great disc golfer? How did you get there? How did you get your first sponsor?

Thanks for coming on here.

Last edited by discgolfer25; 12-24-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Closed Thread