Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 414
TULSA!!! Thursday and Friday!!!

Well, due to a FREAKING HELL BLIZZARD I was diverted away from going to North Carolina. So I went west instead; am currently in Springfield MO. Am going to try and hit up the Treehouz and Horseshoe Canyon Ranch tomorrow, and The Lodge on Saturday.

Thursday and Friday, I will be free in Tulsa, and am overloaded with courses. I am going to try and hit up as many as I can, curious what are the best and which are good.

I for sure want to hit up:

Blackhawk
Redhawk
McClure
Hunter

Any other must-plays? Is it worth going out of the way to hit up Re-Tire at the expense of fitting in another course? Help me DGCR.

Or, if you have some free time and want to throw some plastic, hit me up for any day!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:35 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 815
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just played Re-tire a few days ago. It's a fantastic beginner course, but not all that challenging. Almost all the holes are <200' and don't require any difficult line shaping, lots of straight or simple hyzer/anhyzer shots with a putter. Ashleigh got an ace there, and we had a good time, but if it's that or fit in a couple extra courses in Tulsa it's not one to lose sleep over.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 PM
*Super Moderator*

Also, notroman just hit up Treehouz I think, and wasn't quite as impressed as some of the other reviewers, might be worth a pm to him unless you're going to be there anyway.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 1149
Treehouz is probably around a 4. Very well maintained, nice open holes with elevation, decent water holes, it's pretty, a handful of technical holes changes up the pace, unique greens, worth checking out if it's not too far out of your way, not worth making a trip for. HCR I'd rate a bit better, the front 9 is incredible, back nine leaves some to be desired. This is where I started my addiction, I was able to navigate it as my first course ever played without much hiccup, there's a couple spots that require a bit of detective work, but you've got it. Worth checking out, fun adventure golf in a pretty awesome location.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Nice, thanks for the tips. Treehouz looks interesting at least, and it's on the way to Horseshoe.

I haven't talked to anyone at Horseshoe to see if it's open or not, but based on the pictures, I don't have a choice. Like this one:

Old 12-26-2012, 10:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
Treehouz is probably around a 4. Very well maintained, nice open holes with elevation, decent water holes, it's pretty, a handful of technical holes changes up the pace, unique greens, worth checking out if it's not too far out of your way, not worth making a trip for. HCR I'd rate a bit better, the front 9 is incredible, back nine leaves some to be desired. This is where I started my addiction, I was able to navigate it as my first course ever played without much hiccup, there's a couple spots that require a bit of detective work, but you've got it. Worth checking out, fun adventure golf in a pretty awesome location.
Sweet... good news!

Any opinions on the Tulsa courses? They are all rated about the same (3.5)...
Old 12-26-2012, 10:49 PM
* Ace Member *

The Lodge is awesome, don't skimp on your time there for anything in Tulsa.

Blackhawk is great, and worth checking out, nothing else in Tulsa stands out as being great, but is a bunch of good golf in a concentrated area, it will be a good time, but it won't blow you away - of course you'll form your own opinions.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Excellent, thanks again! You guys are the best.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 PM
*Super Moderator*

Enjoy! I haven't played much of the Tulsa stuff but Redhawk and McClure are decent courses with some fun shots and Blackhawk is a cool round.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Don't let the "red" in redhawk fool you into thinking it's going to be a short round.. It caught me off guard.