Old 12-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to tarel
do you just practice hyzers?

your not giving enough height in wide open space if you want that "oh wow distance" look up philo's video where he talks about hyzer flex shots this may benefit you if you stop air bouncing.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:46 PM

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
your definitely a little to herky jerky so try to smooth it out some. It may help you to smooth it out by slowing down a little to just work on form. Also, it looks a little to me like you are cupping the disc a little when you throw. in other words, it looks like your wrist is bent in towards your forarm instead of straight. try keeping it straight. But honestly, its not a bad form overall, dont think that you have all these things you need to change in your mechanics. be yourself out there. Everyone is unique in what works for them.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 13
Thank you all for the tips over the past couple days. I've been doing some field work and have been making some improvements in my footwork already. It was helpful to slow down and to eliminate the unnecessary step to the left that I was doing -- just fixing that made it easier to properly do the x-step. I've already thrown a coupld 400-ish foot drives with this method, and my throws in general seem to be more consistent.

I need more work, though. And I need to address the ceiling fan syndrome that I apparently have. Should be able to post a video very soon, hopefully showing progress.

Thanks again.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
I don't mean to derail, but could someone go into more detail about eliminating air bounce? Is this kinda of like "bad hyzer-flipping" in a sense?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:27 AM

I'd say straighten your torso up. Seem to hunch quite a bit in your run up causing more hyzer than wanted. Also I looking for more D in the open, figure out what you like throwing more, either understable, stable or overstable. Learn that flight. Also, your follow thru is just that, you need to follow all the way thru with the pull line. You seem to be short arming a little bit.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuna View Post
I'd say straighten your torso up. Seem to hunch quite a bit in your run up causing more hyzer than wanted. Also I looking for more D in the open, figure out what you like throwing more, either understable, stable or overstable. Learn that flight. Also, your follow thru is just that, you need to follow all the way thru with the pull line. You seem to be short arming a little bit.
Thanks, Fortuna. Yeah, I've been trying to straighten up a bit, and when it works, it works very well. When it doesn't, I throw the disc very high and very right. I think it's a matter of just getting used to doing it that way, which I should, because it seems that when I do it correctly, I can feel the proper pull of the disc (hard to explain).

I think that the hunched-over thing is an unintentional compensation for the air-bounce issue -- it was my way of keeping the disc a bit lower.

Once I get the footwork under control, I definitely need to focus more attention on my pull line and follow-through.