Old 02-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quest AT, yay or nay?

Just wondering what everyones opinion on them is, and if their discs are worth throwing?
Marshall street has their discs at really good prices and they are made by gateway if what I'm told is true that is. So if that's true the plastic can't be too terrible.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 94
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
The price may seem good, but its actually three times what those discs are worth, and its not just marshall street, everyplace charges too much for those mistakes
Old 02-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 27
I'll send you a Scream if you pay shipping and handling, just so you can see for yourself.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Par Member

Quest discs are made by Quest Gateway has never made any discs for them. Some of the Quest discs fly pretty good like the Raging Inferno, Raging Inferno Dt, Inferno, T-bone and Rock-it but their discs fly best in the lower end plastic and it doesn't hold up at all.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 32
What makes them so terrible? I hear a lot of they suck but no why?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 27
The scream is like an eagle X that forgot how to glide. It's not so much about the flimsy, terrible plastic as much as the lousy, forgettable flight paths. And the CEO who mocked the game, his competitors, his customers, and his own product. There's little redeeming about any aspect of the brand.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Courses Played: 14
In one of their videos, they come right out and say they are in the business because it's easy money. There is no love for the sport at all imo.

Their plastic is mediocre at best. Colors are terrible. Way too many molds. Too much experimental crap. They do have one or two discs that fly well, but nothing that's not beat by other mfrs.

For me, though, worst of all is they have driven out all of the other brands anywhere near my house where you can buy discs. Since they are local here, they've undercut pricing at every gas station and convenience store. So where there used to be a decent selection of Innova, Discraft, Millennium, Gateway, and Discmania, there is now a stagnant rack of Quest.

Since the Quest discs don't sell, now a lot of those places don't sell anything.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Eagle Member

the dome alone on these things keeps me away...
Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by depster View Post
What makes them so terrible? I hear a lot of they suck but no why?
Most of us are used to Discraft, Innova, etc, and consider then to be "normal" discs. For good, bad, or ugly, they have become the standard of the game. Quest didn't think they could compete by making discs that were pretty much the same as everyone else's, so they made a conscious decision to differentiate their products by being very different from everyone else's discs. Hence, a lot of their discs feel strange to people who had gotten used to more convetional discs, and they and take more than a little time to get used to. How discs feel in the hand is important to most DG'ers- so Quest never reallt saw widespread use to begin with.

Plus they're inconsistant within molds and many people simply think that many of their molds just don't perform "as advertised." All of the hype - none of the performance.

I had an Fst Run Ultralight Raging Inferno DT that I actually liked, but lost. Tried 3 others to replace it - all 4 discs flew quite differently. I have one that's a 124g [B]MEATHOOK[/B- almost makes my Groove seem decent (I sad almost).

So, does that answer your question?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: LHBH
I have a Crossfire putter in Ninja plastic. I like the erasure feel, and it flies pretty straight.