Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Codorus State Park..Blue Course

Does anyone know anything about the blue course at Codorus? Is it worth the 2 hour drive from Newtown, PA where I could just stay home and play Tyler SP. Would Patapsco be a better trip or Seneca DGC?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 66
play all 54 at the Cod! then it's definitely worth the drive. if you come to p.tap or seneca sometime, let me know. both are around an hour from me.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 57
54 at the cod is a good time. You can make a weekend of it and play Quakers challange and Boulder Woods on the way home.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 46
Codorus is nice, and having 54 holes to play makes it a great destination to check courses off your list. But, having played both, Seneca wins for me. Probably my second favorite course I've played. First is Jordan Creek, since I'm from the Lehigh Valley originally.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 74
I love Codorus. Love it. I've played there probably more than anywhere except my home course, I'm close friends with Jay. the designer/caretaker of the course, I'm on a first name basis with the head of park Maint crew. With that said, I would play Patapsco over Codorus if you're looking for a challenging round of golf.

Seneca's 27 is a lot of fun, but it isn't as well rounded of a course as Ptap in my opinion. The redesign (of Seneca) has made it a top notch course in the Mid-Atlantic region, but it still seems repetitive to me at times. Long to C is no joke though.

Codorus is a great place to spend a weekend or long day, but it isn't the same type of experience as playing Patapsco Green Monster.

Patapsco Longs challenges every aspect of your game, and some aspects you've never practiced before. It is a mentally taxing and physically draining round.

I would try to play all of them, but if I had to choose one to play tomorrow, it'd probably be Ptap.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
I really enjoyed Codorus the one time I've played it. Well worth the trip for me.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 106
It's hard to say which for you because I love all those courses mentioned and they all play differently.

Codorus is a great mostly par 3 course and is the most beautiful park and views of the bunch and also has 54 great holes you can play all day there. I make the 1 hour trip there often. Add Quaker's Challenge or Ptap or Creeping Creek and that's a good long day of disc golf.

Seneca reminds me of Tyler, but Seneca is more fair and I'm not sure the pin placements right now but they are typically short in the winter which I'm not too fond of, but in the longs it's sweetness, and don't forget about the dc traffic.

Quake is awesome long wooded fun unless you get off the fairway which isn't very hard. You don't really get many chances to let a drive loose, and the terrain is quite steep.

Ptap is another favorite on the long to long, it's a long wooded course where you can rip drivers.

Creeping Creek is the closest to Codorus, and has a little more variety including a top of the world shot in the winter. You can also get some beer there and drink legally on the course.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
* Ace Member *

well it looks like my buddy and I are going to throw the Green Monster (Patapsco) on Saturday morning and then hitting Scarboro DGC on the way home...who wants to join in?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 72
Hey Greg - I second GLong! If you make it down to P-Tap or Seneca give me some advance notice and I will grab GLong and meet you for a round or two!

You going to make it back down to the Mid-Atlantic Meet this year?

Old 01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Does a bear sh!t in the woods...hell yes I'm going to be back down at HH this year....I'm going to try and bring some cool peeps down this year....we're going to have a hell of a time...and I will be better prepared this year...have my own tent and bring some food and crap.

ADVANCED WARNING:

Me and a buddy are going down to Patapsco this Saturday....we will be leaving his house around 6:45 to begin the journey....probably get there by 8 or 8:30. I'm trying to see if Cyclops wants to join in the fun this weekend as well.