Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Cmon Paul, do you really think if even half of America grew up discing you wouldn't have a lot more competition? I'm not saying you guys at the top wouldn't still be there just that there would be way more guys at your level.
^he's got a point. It's largely a numbers game... in all sorts of ways.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 99
These baseball to disc golf, disc golf to golf comparisons makes me think of this video where a MLB hitter has trouble hitting this guy's wiffle ball. I wonder if wiffle ball:Baseball::disc golf:golf?

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
Let's just all agree to disagree and get Paul to join our effort for champion pigs
Old 01-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 129
Quote:
Let's just all agree to disagree
why? and not why do you think that, why do you feel that everything must be a compromise or not rocking the boat? not everything can be gray in life, white and black do exist, and should. there is no heated inflammatory talk, no one getting upset...yet you are trying to fan imaginary flames...why?
btw...if you study history/culture, conflict is a major driving force in the human condition...without it we would still be smashing rocks together and grunting.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:22 AM
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 162
Quote:
Let's just all agree to disagree and get Paul to join our effort for champion pigs
but i dont want a champion pig?!?!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
I can hit a 90+ mph fastball so my hand eye coordination is pretty close to theirs.
yeah, but if you could hit a ninety mile per hour fastball as good as a pro ball player then you wouldn't be throwing frisbees in the park.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 163
Quote:
said the man from Fu**** Va*ina, North Carolina.

Call me immature, but I still can't get over that town's name!

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 01-05-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 AM
.:2X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
So Paul, is the gap between, say, you and Buster Posey in baseball terms less than the disc golf gap between a 950-970 player and you or MJ? This is an honest question, not meant to sound like I am questioning your skills. I just don't have enough experience with ratings, etc. to compare well.
Well thats a catcher so i'm sure I can hit just as good if not better and I could probably play 2nd or shortstop better than him but he gets paid to catch.... I wouldn't dare think about playing catcher. I would compare myself to like a jeter career... we could play 162 games a year and i'm sure I can beat him atleast 5 times because I would learn his habits and strengths and weakness. So I think that would be more realistic.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I think one of the reasons for this is disc golf's propensity for (and I hate to bring this up, but) Par 3 holes. Bolf typically has par 4's. What I'm getting at isn't pars vs birdies/bogeys. I'm getting at scoring separation. Par 4's are by definition, tougher holes than par 3's (they have to be, after all, they're allowing you an extra stroke to hole out, assuming its a legit par 4, not some Rec par 4).

This gives a pro a real opportunity to showcase their skill, and me a chance to demonstrate my ineptitude. Say Paul or MJ play it well; end up with a 3, perhaps even a 2, whereas most of us would only get a 4 if we played it well, with a significant possibility of 5 or more if a recovery shot is needed. Almost a guaranteed 2 stroke difference, perhaps 3, possibility of 4 strokes.

Whereas the "typical" par 3 hole is much more likely to result in a 1 stroke difference, 2 max. Now multiply both sceanrios by 18 holes... which game gives the pro more chances to distance themselves from Joe Avg? Ball golf. more strokes = higher scores = greater scoring separation.

Best post so far IMO!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:28 AM
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
Well thats a catcher so i'm sure I can hit just as good if not better and I could probably play 2nd or shortstop better than him but he gets paid to catch.... I wouldn't dare think about playing catcher. I would compare myself to like a jeter career... we could play 162 games a year and i'm sure I can beat him atleast 5 times because I would learn his habits and strengths and weakness. So I think that would be more realistic.
thats a hell of a statement!!!!!!!!