Old 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Time to start this thread, I don't see one?

Anyways, first club round, first ace of the year for me! #15 at Horizons Park in Winston Salem, NC. We played a mando to the left of the first tree, making the hole much tougher.

I threw a Tourney Plastic Westside Warship on a low anhyzer and drilled it! Good for $110!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ace_1.jpg (143.5 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg ace_1b.jpg (112.8 KB, 405 views)
Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 40
Awesomesauce!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 94
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Time to start this thread, I don't see one?

Anyways, first club round, first ace of the year for me! #15 at Horizons Park in Winston Salem, NC. We played a mando to the left of the first tree, making the hole much tougher.

I threw a Tourney Plastic Westside Warship on a low anhyzer and drilled it! Good for $110!

That dude behind you looks PISSED.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NDER View Post

That dude behind you looks PISSED.
He has down's syndrome, but he loves disc golf, he's become a regular with our club!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Bending Rodriguez

I meant no disrespect - just that he looks mad as HELL. I think it's awesome he's into DG.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
Awesomesauce!
It was much like your ace on #16 at Johnson St. last summer. Threw the shot on a great line, disc went out of sight, then CHING! I looked at Ed, and then ran down to see if it was in, sure enough!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 88
Practice aces, keep that in mind, but aced holes 1 and 4 today at Plymouth Creek. First with an Icon Clutch and the second with a Sparkle Pinnacle Patriot.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
It was much like your ace on #16 at Johnson St. last summer. Threw the shot on a great line, disc went out of sight, then CHING! I looked at Ed, and then ran down to see if it was in, sure enough!
Awww man, you didn't get to see it hit!? That's a bummer, but if you have more than one ace, I'm sure it's no big deal. When I hit 1A at flip (my only ace) I got to see it glide down the hill, swoop far to the right, and then dive bomb down around the tree in front of the basket and smash chains! Most exhilarating moment of my DG career ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
Practice aces, keep that in mind, but aced holes 1 and 4 today. First with an Icon Clutch and the second with a Sparkle Pinnacle Patriot.
You're throwing those things?!? My silver and gold went right up on the wall... maybe I'll play with a production run (I even tried to get timg to put the pinnacle sparkle plastic in the organizer, but legacy's website doesn't list that as an official plastic blend )
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NDER View Post
Awww man, you didn't get to see it hit!? That's a bummer, but if you have more than one ace, I'm sure it's no big deal. When I hit 1A at flip (my only ace) I got to see it glide down the hill, swoop far to the right, and then dive bomb down around the tree in front of the basket and smash chains! Most exhilarating moment of my DG career ever!
No, but it's all good. Not my first ace. The basket on #15 used to be sitting straight down the slight tunnel. Most people play the hole with a big Hyzer line. I usually throw a putter if it's not windy, only 230ft. But when they put the new baskets in, they didn't pull the old ones up and put the new one in, they put the new ones near where the old ones were. So now you can't see the basket on #15, but it's still a big hyzer line. However, we have moveable mando signs that I let people place where they want. One guy put it on the first big tree pointing left. That makes it a low anhyzer, or sidearm. I don't have much of a sidearm, so low anhyzer it was. It probably wouldn't have been well past the basket had it not gone in.

Here is the hole, basket is now sitting a few feet left of where it is marked here, so you can't see it from the tee. Mando was on the first tree to the left. Had to sneak it in under the limbs.

Last edited by Mr. America; 01-05-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Either way, awesome way to star the New Year....I hope to bag at least one ace this year (here's to hoping)
Closed Thread