Old 01-19-2013, 04:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Had a sick ace with my 175g lime Volt today.

Basket is behind the clump of pine trees to the right. Left to right crosswind around 10mph. Ripped it hard and low with a touch of hyzer just over the hill, flipped up and turned over gently, getting a bit of lift from the wind and cruising right under the low hanging pines to smash top right chains and drop.

Looking back from the basket
Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 PM

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 4
Hit my first ace ever on a 170 ft hole in Warwick, NY. So happy for first one despite it being a short hole, snuck shot through tight gap in trees and smashed side of chains and stayed in! So pumped now I don't know what to do with my first ace disc I'm so paranoid to lose it now haha..Also should I record the ace on the back of my disc or something? What is the proper format for that? Help a noob out
Old 01-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydutch View Post
...should I record the ace on the back of my disc or something? What is the proper format for that? Help a noob out
Record it anyway you want EXCEPT on the course itself (no tagging baskets, benches, signs). So yes, feel free to write on your disc (I put mine in the rim: date, hole, etc). But if you want to hire a skywriter, I think that would be cool, too!
Congratulations, and...
Stay excited, my friend!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
Record it anyway you want EXCEPT on the course itself (no tagging baskets, benches, signs). So yes, feel free to write on your disc (I put mine in the rim: date, hole, etc)
Congratulations, and...
Stay excited, my friend!
^this - and retire it! I lost my first ace disc and regret it ever since - have been retiring the rest.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:09 PM

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 4
i like the disc so much tho it was my first day with i was digging it n then boom now i guess il be ordering its replacement n putting this one away..i would be devastated if I lost. I found myself throwing it after the ace and was chasing it down to see where it landed, since there in still a few inches of snow here, fearing it would be buried and lost forever. Even if I keep it in the bag I'll be hesitant to throw it on any of these wooded holes. Signed it's rookie contract and retiring in the same day, lol I guess that was $18 well spent
Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 21

Canned hole 17 @ Sunset in Gulf Breeze, FL yesterday. My younger brother, who I haven't seen in 5 years, is visiting from Brooklyn, NY and he wanted me to show him the game.
Badass! It was only my 3rd ace in a little over two years playing.
Last night he asked if we could play again before he leaves!
I'm sending him home with some plastic so he can keep playing when he gets home.....that being said, any players live around Brooklyn, NY?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 14
Got my first ace today! Harrison rd hole #6 with a xtra gummy champ roc+! Hidden basket. We never heard a thing walked over the top of the hill it was in the basket. Didn't touch the chains!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHFH
I have had 2 so far this year. Hole 3 at Gower Park, 150 ft, XCal (High hyzer) and Hole 3 at Holmes park. I only had a couple of discs in my car and ran out to play a quick round. I threw a stalker RHFH flat that skipped just over the top of the cage and fel into the basket (261ft).
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Cann View Post
I have had 2 so far this year. Hole 3 at Gower Park, 150 ft, XCallol (High hyzer) and Hole 3 at Holmes park. I only had a couple of discs in my car and ran out to play a quick round. I threw a stalker RHFH flat that skipped just over the top of the cage and fel into the basket (261ft).
I hit 3's basket yesterday out at Holmes.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Finally hit my first one.....but no one was around... Hole 4 at Bandamere in Ann Arbor. Was playing skins against myself KC Pro Aviar vs DX Leopard. It is only a little 150ft hole from the reds, the only tricky thing is that I am not quite accurate enough to avoid all the trees yet. Parked it with the KC Pro so stepped up with the leopard took a shot, Rolled my wrist #worstshotever! It was sailing to the right, right into the trees, so I hung my head in frustration only to hear.....CHAINS!!! Banked it in off the trees, leopard took the skins and than shortly after retired. I have never felt the full range of emotions in a shot before, went all the way from frustrated -> speechless -> euphoric -> back to frustrated realizing it was a terrible shot. Oh well, that is my story felt like it was worth sharing.
Closed Thread