Old 12-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 177
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
That would be killer. I really can't wait to throw that Tern...I've heard so many good things about it being easy distance.
Yeah, I had hit a few short aces with other discs, and had my champ Tern out on a 320 footer (which I usually can't reach). The wind was kind of gusting in my face a little out of the left, and that baby just glided into the wind, lifted up and faded hard right into the chains. I felt like Bob Beamon with his long jump when he raised the mark from the high 27' range to over 29'. He basically said, "wait...what happened to 28?" Mine was like, " what happened to the 200 footers?". Sweet glide!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspider98 View Post
I hit my first ace yesterday at Shepherd Rec in Chattanooga on the 6th hole. Probably the last hole I thought I'd ever whack with one, but low and behold she was meant to be my first!

Shepherd Rec is a wooded course and on 6, the basket isn't viewable from the tee box. There is a tight mando dogleg left about 30 ft from the box with a slight downhill fairway run to the basket at a distance of 230'. With a couple of trees in the fairway, its a tricky shot just making a long fairway lie.

I threw a pink Avenger SS (pink...yep) and that thing felt great leaving the hand. As my anhyzer turned the corner, my last view as it went beyond the bend of trees was a straightening blur of screaming goodness. A buddy of mine located at the top of the fairway run gave me a play-by-play with an "oh", then another "OH", and then from the heavens came the sound of cracking chains! I figured that with the speed at which that thing was moving, the chains and basket wouldn't be able to contain it. But on that day, 12/12/13...At that moment, a brisk 34 degree with the sun at 12 o'clock high...Basket #6, at Shepherd Recreational Center DGC in Chattanooga, was made of gold!

And as I pulled my spear from the gut of basket 6...I said...Its Great to be an Auburn Tiger!
WDE
I don't know what I think about that last line, but the story was awesome. Take that pink spear you pulled from that gut of the basket and mount in on the wall in a place of honor lol
Old 12-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspider98 View Post
Very cool, I felt like I was there. I'm only imagining my first ace at this point but one day it will come!
Old 12-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 24
I got my first Glow Ace on Sunday night! A 300 foot slightly downhill shot with a dx glow Roc that disappeared out of sight and then just smashed the chains. I wasn't sure it was in until I walked down to the basket.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 85
Got West Ashley Tidal Creek (Charleston, SC) Number 9. 156' is short but it is across water and tightly guarded. Used a Truly Beat Sidewinder with a little hyzer action.

Number 3 for me.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 41
Hit aces 2 and 3 today! Pinchot State Park Boulder Woods Hole 7. I played two rounds and hit an ace both times on Hole 7 with my Pro Whippet. 165 ft with a mando making it a tough flick shot. I couldn't believe it when it dropped in the second time. Ended up shooting a personal best during the second round as well with a 55.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:11 PM

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDinIN View Post
I don't know what I think about that last line, but the story was awesome. Take that pink spear you pulled from that gut of the basket and mount in on the wall in a place of honor lol
I would like to plaque that disc, but my game would go in the tank without her.

On a side note, the protective guardians of basket 6 have stepped up their game since...some terrible skips off those barked beasts!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 34
Hit my #3 today at Z-Boaz park in Fort Worth, TX. Hole 14. Threw a Pain, nice flat RBHB fading straight into the chains! Across a creek and narrowly avoiding like 4 trees... Perfect line.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 177
Congratulations everyone on the excellent aces!

I wonder who'll have the best Christmas ace story? New Years? (I had one of those in 2013)

(I didn't get my 11th ace today...again. That's 183 days in a row that I've accomplished this feat! )

Old 12-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
Congratulations everyone on the excellent aces!

I wonder who'll have the best Christmas ace story? New Years? (I had one of those in 2013)
Ooo, I already have a Christmas round planned... I might just play till I get one lol
Closed Thread