Old 01-06-2013, 08:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: -0.2
Courses Played: 24
i started playing just for the exercise and that includes lugging around my discs
but i hope i am still playing when i am so old i need a cart
Old 01-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
The cart usage seems a tad ridiculous for some of the courses here in Iowa. Granted that is only for a couple of the holes on the course where it would be troublesome.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:44 PM

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: LHBH
Well, I'm trying out the cart thing. Not so much to carry the bag, cause frankly I can handle that but carrying a stool and my jacket and this and that and trying to pick up some trash off the course and carry it out too get annoying. So I've decided to give a cart a whirl.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:50 PM

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
In the original poster's photo, I'm a little worried about the soft bag on the bottom dragging on the ground or catching loose straps in the wheels. If there's risk of that, find a smaller, less floppy bag for your lower storage.
It doesn't drag or flop too much. I've tied everything so nothing should get caught in the wheels. Tomorrow is my first round with it...so we'll see what adjustments need to be made when I pull it around for 18.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 94
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
I've never understood the need for a cart... Are you REALLY lugging around THAT much stuff all day that you need to have a cart? I mean the back pack straps alone are enough for me, even fully loaded my bag isn't so heavy I can't stand to carry it. I saw a guy one day out with apdrvya, at mason county parks who had a cart that had his bag on it, and then some disc holder that I swear had another 30 discs in it

At Flip City summer leagues there was a guy there named Joe I believe, probably one of the biggest guys (Built wise, not chunky) I've ever seen who plays DG, and HE had a cart, now what in the hell did THAT guy need a cart for? Especially with all the up and down elevation changes at Flip, that cart HAS to become a pain in the a$$, QUICK.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Birdie Member

Before my back surgery my cart was the only way I could get on the course and play 18. I say if it helps you get through 18 or 36 more power to you. I sold the cart and my bag last year when I thought I wouldn't play anymore but after successful surgery and recovery I appreciate my old cart for allowing me to keep playing even though I had some pain. I got a Grip for xmas and am back playing, but every time I see a cart on the course I miss my old buddy.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Here are some more examples of pull carts. I dont use my stroller cart all the time, it is kind of large to carry in the car all the time, I usually use it for tournaments or when Im playing with a large group so we might need an ice chest.

The pull cart im going to build for a friend is going to be a golf pull cart that folds up easier and it will help him with his bad back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disccart14.jpg (110.8 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg DiscGolfCart004.jpg (96.2 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg MyPullCart.jpg (146.9 KB, 116 views)
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 63
I don't think I've ever seen a cart on the course. That of course is probably because most of the courses I play here in West Virginia are too hilly and involve a decent amount of hiking through woods.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.3
And now I enjoy this bad boy

Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezo View Post
And now I enjoy this bad boy
I could pull/push this cart around maybe half the courses I play. My disc golf bag loaded weighs about 10 pounds so I carry it, my golf bag with all my clubs weighs 30+ pounds so I use a cart. If I wasn't physically able to carry my disc golf bag I would carry a Teebird a Ghost and a Wizard and have some fun.