Old 08-25-2014, 02:31 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
What bag to get, most discs?

So I am very torn. I currently have an Innova Deluxe bag, and I love it. But I want a bag that can carry more discs, and more water. The Discarrier has been what I'm mostly leaning towards because it appears to hold the most discs of any bag, in the main pocket. I hate putting discs in side pockets aside from putters. I've looked at the lat64 luxury backpack, but I think it's more than I need. And doesn't give more any more room for discs than my deluxe bag (in the main pocket. I can fit 22 discs in my deluxe bag. Not counting 2 putters in the front. I don't want something too bulky like a back pack, and I think the Discarrier may be too wide for my liking. I've also considered the competition bag, but I'm not convinced it will get me to the 25-30 disc space I need.
Now my deluxe bag is rated for 18 discs, I fit 24 in it no problem. I would like to get the simplest bag possible that can hold close to 30 discs, and 2 32oz bottles.
Suggestions? Has the Lat 64 pro bag?
Old 08-25-2014, 03:21 AM
Bogey Member

Get Prodiscus 30+. It's big but you will like it.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHFH
Get a Zulu.

Hold all the discs.

Edit: If you don't want a backpack, and you don't want something too wide, you might be stuck with your Deluxe. It's going to be wider if it holds more discs.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:49 AM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrilah Fish View Post
Suggestions? Has the Lat 64 pro bag?
The Lat64 Pro Bag might be a pretty good option for you. It has the capacity you want without feeling too bulky. The one downfall is that with just one water bottle holder, it won't give you any additional space for water.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've been carrying the Discarrier with quad straps for over two years now. even though I've simplified my bag to 16-20 discs, there's room for three 20 oz bottles in one side pocket, plus the bottle holder, and I can make another 'cooler' space out of the middle third of the disc space, if I want to. (Sorry, we've had a mini heat wave this week, so I'm toting fluids galore!)
Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Helix
Old 08-25-2014, 09:48 AM

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHFH
I have a vodoo karma. The main compartment currently has 8 drivers, 8 fairways, and 6 mids(22 all together). If I were to remove the two dividers I could easily add a couple more. So it could hold up to 24 discs or more depending on the type of disc. I also have three discs in the putter pocket(that makes 25 total in my bag). The bag has two massive side pockets and two large bottle holders. So you can carry a lot of water and use side pockets for discs or more water.

If you want a bag that holds a massive amount of discs just in the main area, then I would try to find a Zulu as suggested previously. It's just like the karma but wider.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:51 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgus View Post
Helix
I am still trying to figure out what else to even put in that thing. So many pockets and storage. I have never carried so many discs (3 minis too) and being a 6' 150lb guy the bag is not TOO big-- its just a big ass bag for a super good price. Love the bottom rails which make it stand up very well even on a incline.

I don't think there is a better value really on the market comparing size to price right now.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
If you're looking for 30+, your backpack options are the Prodiscus big bag, Voodoo Spinal Tap, and Salient Helix. I would say the Helix is perfect. Easily swallows 30 discs (half mids and putters) and still has room for the kitchen sink for less money than the competitors. The top pocket is lined for valuables, and the side pockets are huge with extra pockets for keeping things organized. Haven't seen any other bag that has the side pocket organization like the Helix.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 242
I normally carry an INNOVA Deluxe bag, but move up to the DISCarrier when traveling to events. The DISCarrier is very lightweight for such a large bag. The DISCarrier has room for more beverages and more stuff in the large side pockets.