Disc Golf Store
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
People are really reaching trying create a new back pack. The designs seem to only be getting less functional.
agreed. the grip and the simian have the design on lock down.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Looks like a pretty cool bag, really. I'm doing lots of research before I buy a backpack-style bag....that said, if this is really 200 bucks I'll stick with a Revo, Simian or Grip.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Really? The Grip bag and the Simian have all the bases covered? You guys must have absolutely no imagination. While they're both good bags, they both have features that I dislike, and personally if I was playing a tournament... I wouldn't want to get matched up on a card with 4 people who all have the same bags just because it's 'the cool thing to do'.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
Really? The Grip bag and the Simian have all the bases covered? You guys must have absolutely no imagination. While they're both good bags, they both have features that I dislike, and personally if I was playing a tournament... I wouldn't want to get matched up on a card with 4 people who all have the same bags just because it's 'the cool thing to do'.
I don't care what bag the rest of my card is using. I just want a bag that holds all my discs, my towels, my water, my power bars, my first aid kit, my retriever, spare socks, and has room to store my jacket when it warms up halfway through round 1, spot for my stool and/or umbrella, is comfortable on my back, and protects my discs from wear and weather.

This bag doesn't appear to have the storage space that I want in a tournament bag, so I will pass. I dig that folks are trying different things with the bags now though. All that can do is help going forward.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 80
I'm excited about it. I love my 8-Frame bag by Big Hyzer and I've been looking at getting a backpack style bag sometime in the future. If this had a built in seat I'd be all for it. I've been rocking the 8-Frame for about 9 months and I still love it. Big Hyzer makes great bags.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
I'm excited about it. I love my 8-Frame bag by Big Hyzer and I've been looking at getting a backpack style bag sometime in the future. If this had a built in seat I'd be all for it. I've been rocking the 8-Frame for about 9 months and I still love it. Big Hyzer makes great bags.
Yea, I'd really love a good DG backpack with a seat but all the ones that are out there are just not for me. What I like about the bag is that it keeps the discs close to your body and aligned with the spine, making the discs feel more a part of the body than just hanging off your back. Not liking the hip-straps though, I had those on my DIY bag and took them off.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 29
My thoughts are i want to purchase it.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
i wa just saying we have not seen anything better than those two yet. believe me i have imagination and i am also a bag whore on multiple levels. 4 dg bags and 5 backpacking bags etc. this bag seems almost there, but some obvious improvements can be made to everything on the market. the perfect bag will never exist. the perfect bag for me or any other individual depends. selection is good there is still room for more.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
It appears there is a clip at the top. I guess you could just clip that instead of zipping the main compartment during a round to access towel/mini.

Personally I like the bag and if I didn't already have a mahal I would get one....might still anyway

Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Yea, I'd really love a good DG backpack with a seat but all the ones that are out there are just not for me. What I like about the bag is that it keeps the discs close to your body and aligned with the spine, making the discs feel more a part of the body than just hanging off your back. Not liking the hip-straps though, I had those on my DIY bag and took them off.
The bag is interesting and definitely different. I like the thought of the bag but it's lacking in a few areas. Btw Physical Flight already has a bag that has been designed and approved by a Doctor of Physical Therapy with an emphasis on decreasing Low back pain and shoulder fatigue!?!

Cons: The d ring/ towel clip and mini holder on the front is useless when playing.
The bag seems very top heavy and is going to have issues with tipping.
I bet the price will be upwards of $250 and I saw nothing about warranty or materials used.
If it doesn't come with a lifetime warranty like Physical Flight and Mystery Ranch it's not worth the money.

Pros; Will S. carries it
It's different.
rain flap with hoodie is a great idea ( until you are wearing it and tryout to take it off)

There are better options on the market with a proven track record and much more functional right now.

I do wish then luck tho.