Old 04-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbusterplus View Post
I'm with you. I am thinking of taking the Camelbak insulated bottle sleeves and attaching one to each of the straps to keep my water in. I think around where the sternum strap is I could somehow attach the handle of the sleeve to that so that when setting the bag down they would be resting on the ground to keep the bag from tipping. Hoping to see some detailed pics of the straps to see if I could make it work and look good.
I will have to look at it also. With the internal aluminum frame, I wonder if one (on each side) couldn't be squeezed inside the main compartment. So many questions...so much time to still wait!!!!

Awww...30 days?!?!?! But I want it now!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

So I contacted John last night about changing my bag color. I received a reply very quickly.

I also asked him about the May 1 ship date, and he said everything is still on schedule at this time. He mentioned that bags would be shipped in the order received. It got me to thinking that I'm order 172, and I ordered prior to the official pre-order being opened. I wonder if there are actually 171 people ahead of me, or if he started at 100 or something. Who here is ahead of me?

Assuming mine is here on time, it will be christianed the week of my TN, SC, NC, VA, WV, and OH roadtrip. Anyone else have anything special planned for breaking in yours?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 57
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm thinking the order # reflects the total # of orders off of the website (or from Big Hyzer period) ... which would include any orders for their 8-Frame bag ... which makes way more sense IMO.

No way have they sold 170+ Ergos
Old 04-03-2013, 12:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
I'm order #171 and got on it pretty early. You'll get yours quick.

What color did you switch to?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Happy to hear that. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I was one of only a few looking for an Easter egg into the preorder page... Maybe it'll see some Cincinnati soil before the trip then.

I changed to Red and Black. I didn't realize that Will's bag wasn't the gray (my monitor isn't very good) and drug my feet for a while before sending the email. I love that green color on Will's bag. The production gray looks good, but it looks too much like my old Innova Competition for my tastes. My initial plan is to tongue mine so, while I like the actual production green photo on their Facebook, I think the neon green tongue will be too much for me. It also looks like it would be a nightmare to keep clean.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Yeah, I am really hoping mine gets here within the first week of May, since I am fairly confident I was one of the first pre-orders. I like how the green is looking with the tongue stuck in. It looks a little less in your face (granted, the sides may change that). I am with you on the gray - it looks nice, but too much like the Grip I just sold to get this bag. If only they had orange...but I am happy with the green, for sure. It looks a lot lower profile and more compact in those recent photos, too, which I am really pumped about. We need to push this bandwagon like the PF guys do and just repeatedly bump this thread. Ha!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. Really like how there can be multiple configurations.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
We need to push this bandwagon like the PF guys do and just repeatedly bump this thread. Ha!
I'm all for this! Although every bump of this thread is like Jaysus' Platebee thread for me.

Since it's bumped so rarely, I'm always worried it's going to mention a deadline being pushed back. It's why I asked John about it in my email. So glad he's sticking to May 1!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Yeah, if I wasn't moving in less than 2 weeks I would have grabbed one. No disposable funds right now, unfortunately.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 38
I went with the neon green and was a bit worried about it, but after seeing some of the photos of it on the FB page. I think it's subtle enough not to scream at you, but bold enough to be able to signal rescue aircraft if you get lost in the woods lol!
I was suprised at how small it looks in the pics, but with the vertical design. I guess you can make it more compact. Come on May 1st!