Old 05-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 12
I'm 226. That leaves me right outside of 50, assuming all orders recently have been Ergo's.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 57
Well I won't have my Ergo for the Hall of Fame Classic @ the IDGC ... but I did secure a friend's Grip for the weekend. It'll be nice to wear a Grip for a couple of rounds and then be able to compare that experience to the Ergo.

... and my back is soooo happy that I'll have a backpack style bag this weekend. Flyboy + FADE tourney wreaked havoc on my back last weekend
Old 05-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Strat View Post
My problem with this delay is they obviously knew about it before today. Why let us wait around and get excited, to announce the delay on launch day?
Maybe he waited til ship day to buy more time. I really hope that's not the case though. Guess we'll know in 2 weeks.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Strat View Post
My problem with this delay is they obviously knew about it before today. Why let us wait around and get excited, to announce the delay on launch day?
A couple thoughts on this. They may have very well known two weeks ago, but saying the delay is only 14 days sounds a lot better than a month, even if it would have evened out. Also, if you tell people in the middle of the preorder process that you have delays, your preorders go out the window.

Not excusing it or saying this is even what happened - they very well could have received the bags Monday, inspected them, and found them to be wrong. But either way, it sounds better as a business decision to make the delay from the release day rather than prior to.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 AM

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
John also mentioned on Facebook that the first 50 should go out at once, so it's a safe bet that if tbird's is here by the 17th, ours will be, too.
So only 50 are going to be available on release day? Customers usually will pre-order to ensure they receive a product on release day. Big Hyzer is a very small, start-up company, so I can understand a delay. But if only 50 are available at release those outside the top 50 are looking at up to a one month delay.

This would be less of an annoyance to me if Big Hyzer had waited until they had an actual product before accepting customer charges.

I wish they had released a timeline with order #'s and estimated shipment.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolymarmot View Post
So only 50 are going to be available on release day? Customers usually will pre-order to ensure they receive a product on release day. Big Hyzer is a very small, start-up company, so I can understand a delay. But if only 50 are available at release those outside the top 50 are looking at up to a one month delay.

This would be less of an annoyance to me if Big Hyzer had waited until they had an actual product before accepting customer charges.

I wish they had released a timeline with order #'s and estimated shipment.
I understood it as 50 shipped on day one and the rest shipped shortly after. Realistically, how many bags can be packed and shipped in one day? I would imagine that, with the delay, theyll be working overtime to get all of them shipped asap.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 8
I love cycling through their cover photos on Facebook. "Available April 1st" ... "Available May 1st" ... "We have encountered a 10-14 day delay." Kind of glad I took a wait and see approach with this one. Although apparently so is everyone else, lol.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Yeah, this project has definitely had its fair share of setbacks. I am just hoping that when the bag is finally here, it is done.

Thinking about it, bag companies have been a little star-crossed. Grip started out super rocky, Hyzer bomb killed the Flak a while ago. I am really curious to see if Voodoo makes their timeline stick.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 20
I'll start the count again. 14 days til..

Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
A couple thoughts on this. They may have very well known two weeks ago, but saying the delay is only 14 days sounds a lot better than a month, even if it would have evened out. Also, if you tell people in the middle of the preorder process that you have delays, your preorders go out the window.

Not excusing it or saying this is even what happened - they very well could have received the bags Monday, inspected them, and found them to be wrong. But either way, it sounds better as a business decision to make the delay from the release day rather than prior to.
The company sewing the bags promised John he would have them by his ship date. They were telling him that as recently as a week before.