Old 06-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbusterplus View Post
The capacity of it doesn't worry me at all. Heck, right now I'm carrying a Fade Crunch Box packed with 16 total discs. I would like something to carry a few more, but more importantly a place to store a change of clothes for when playing after work.
That definitely makes sense. The open compartment is large, but you'd probably have trouble if you packed the main compartment full.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
That definitely makes sense. The open compartment is large, but you'd probably have trouble if you packed the main compartment full.
If he kept it to 16 in the main I think he could easily store a change of clothes in the bottom. I haven't stuffes mine yet, but Back o' da Bus had his packed with a towel, large hoodie, beanie and more. That would still leave the front pocket for backup discs.

Is the bag perfect? No. Is any, though? This is a really good offering that will differentiate the bag market.

And tbird, I didn't think your review was too negative. It was clear you were trying to be objective, and you brought up some flaws. Nothing wrong with that. I'd like to see BH make the same fixes (in addition to adding some kind of organization to the large pocket).
Old 06-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Well after watching your review tbird I realized my rainfly was sewn in wrong side out. I kind of thought it was because one side looks more durable than the other shiny side. My tether is sewed to the more durable looking side. Hope that makes since. So I will have to cut it to at least turn it around the right way.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Is the bag perfect? No. Is any, though? This is a really good offering that will differentiate the bag market.

And tbird, I didn't think your review was too negative. It was clear you were trying to be objective, and you brought up some flaws. Nothing wrong with that. I'd like to see BH make the same fixes (in addition to adding some kind of organization to the large pocket).
I'm glad I didn't come off as disappointed. It definitely wasn't the case.

I think they should also add some extra material to the side pockets to give them a little more room. It won't happen but a key clip would be a nice touch as well.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I'm glad I didn't come off as disappointed. It definitely wasn't the case.

I think they should also add some extra material to the side pockets to give them a little more room. It won't happen but a key clip would be a nice touch as well.
Totally agree. I think I am going to be putting my keys in the rain fly pocket because they feel more secure there.

I would also like to see a pocket on the inside of the large compartment - like on the side that is slanted toward the back of the bag - where you could easily store your wallet or phone without it falling back into the abyss.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Totally agree. I think I am going to be putting my keys in the rain fly pocket because they feel more secure there.

I would also like to see a pocket on the inside of the large compartment - like on the side that is slanted toward the back of the bag - where you could easily store your wallet or phone without it falling back into the abyss.
A holster would be awesome! My phone fits perfectly in the side pocket, but I'd love to keep my wallet in a more private spot. I constantly checked the side pocket zippers in Charlotte.

Have you started thinking about mods yet?

Last edited by tbird888; 06-04-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
A holster would be awesome! My phone fits perfectly in the side pocket, but I'd love to keep my wallet in a more private spot. I constantly checked the side pocket zippers in Charlotte.

Have you started thinking about mods yet?
I'm not a huge modder, but I think I am going to cut out the rainfly and attach some velcro to it. I'll keep it out most of the time and only put it in if the weather is looking like it's gonna be rough. I want to leave a bit of the ribbon in the pocket, then attach velcro to the inside of the pocket, too, so I can make a little key loop to attach stuff to that way. Does this make any sense?

(Also, when I say "I" will do this, I mean my wife )
Old 06-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

I definitely like the idea of keeping keys in there. It's a nice sized pocket.

You're making sense. I was thinking about splitting the strap and putting the velcro just a little past where it crosses the front of the bag. That way I will be able to separate it when I need to get a disc. I'll have to put another velcro piece in the pouch to keep it out of the way when not in use though.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 38
Quote:
Was my review too negative? I realized, watching it earlier today to make sure it uploaded correctly, that I barely mentioned any of what I liked about the bag. The last thing I want is people to watch it and think "so glad I didn't make that mistake". It really is a great bag, and I couldn't wait to refill and use mine after the round I spent with the Grip (not to take anything away from the bag - it was nice the round I used it).

I would love a handle, the two outside side pockets to be full length, and mini and pencil pockets added in place of the webbing on the front of the outside front pocket. While I would like a wider strap on the lumbar piece, I probably won't use it again until I go back to the mountains. That's going to be a while.

I really like your tongue clip idea. That would definitely keep it from sliding down onto the ground. I was thinking about using safety pins to keep the zippers in place.

I don't know how many discs you're planning to carry, but I actually have room for a fifth (almost a sixth) driver in the top slot. That puts 20 in the main compartment. That's competitive with the other bags in their class. Throw another four in the outside front pocket, and you're at 24. Implement your tongue solution, and that's two more to bring you to 26. That still leaves the inside front pocket for stuff. I honestly haven't had any problems using the top of the bag as a handle so it's probably not as big a deal as I made it out to be. They might as well omit the school backpack handle they have now though.
Hey tbird888,
I used a small gauge bungy cord (32") to keep the flap up. It sits just under the top pad for your back and comes around the sides, but doesn' mess with the side mesh pockets. I then crossed them over and placed the hooks into the eye's of the zippers. It kept the flap up, but you have to lower it or take it off to get to the bottom discs if you place them horizontally. I put them vertically on the bottom so it took some manipulating to get them out. I've since stopped using the bungy cord though. I only need to use one pocket on the flap, so it clips closed now.
If some people are in need of disc space the combo of placing discs vertical and horizontal works great! I can't belive I have 27 discs in this bag! Fantastic design, but deff needs some tweeking with the pockets and the flap (if you want to use both pockets and close it)

Old 06-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 58
Can you put discs in the bottom horizontally and still tuck in the flap?