Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlurk View Post
People keep forgetting about the golf mahal. Wake911. I carry all the stuff you mentioned and more! When I don't I sinch up the side pockets.
Totally agree. All these issues are addressed with the Mahal and not only are they addressed they are SOLVED! I seriously don't understand (other than people saying they don't like the "looks", because that is subjective) how anyone could waste money on a different backpack bag. And if it's the "looks" that bother you then your not serious about the quality/functionality/ergonomics of a backpack style bag anyway.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Ergo questions

The Ergo will presale for $179.95 starting in about 2 weeks. There will be a promotional video for the bag that will answer all of your questions coming out next week.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Any news on this video review answering all the questions we have?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHFH
Waiting.....

According to their Facebook page a video will be available today and even the per-order options. ... Well see...

https://www.facebook.com/bighyzerbags?ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
Just heard back from the company. I'd like to share his reply because I've been quickly convinced it's perfect for me (and ManU might also be interested): The "Floor" of the upper, main compartment is on angle from front to back of about 30 degrees creating a wedge that forms the lower compartment. This lower compartment is accessible via a zipper that parallels the zipper for the front putter pocket. If you open that zipper, you can cram all sorts of items in that compartment. Since the dawn of disc golf bags, there never seems to be a big pocket where you can cram layers. This is particularly a hassle during spring and fall. I always make sure that our bags have a place to store large items like a hoodie or rain gear. You can definitely pack some gear in that space.

You can fit between 18-23 discs, depending on type of disc and orientation, while still having a jacket in the lower compartment.
This sounds great! I'm really looking forward to getting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepmart View Post
Totally agree. All these issues are addressed with the Mahal and not only are they addressed they are SOLVED! I seriously don't understand (other than people saying they don't like the "looks", because that is subjective) how anyone could waste money on a different backpack bag. And if it's the "looks" that bother you then your not serious about the quality/functionality/ergonomics of a backpack style bag anyway.
1. One of the benefits of a free market economy is that multiple companies can offer similar products. It's called competition, and it's good for us consumers.

2. The Mahal isn't really much of a backpack bag since the discs and everything else is actually stored at the bottom of the bag. It might as well be like a regular touring bag with with 1 smaller dg bag on each side. I'm not saying the Mahal is not a great bag, I'm just saying they are different.

3. The mahal doesn't have a built in seat. The ERGO has an internal frame so you can sit on it.

I appreciate your loyalty to your favorite bag, but don't be hatin' on a good company just because they make a slightly similar product.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post

3. The mahal doesn't have a built in seat. The ERGO has an internal frame so you can sit on it.
Are you sure about this? I know the other Big Hyzer bag has a seat built in, but the Ergo certainly does not look like it can be sat upon.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Are you sure about this? I know the other Big Hyzer bag has a seat built in, but the Ergo certainly does not look like it can be sat upon.
From me, earlier in this thread....

Quote:
Big Hyzer Bag Co. just told me this on Facebook "It has an internal aluminum frame that provides strength and allows the bag to stand properly. While not overly comfortable, you can sit on this bag."

I'm getting one.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification. Certainly doesn't look comfortable, but if it works in a pinch that's a nice selling point.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
This sounds great! I'm really looking forward to getting one.

1. One of the benefits of a free market economy is that multiple companies can offer similar products. It's called competition, and it's good for us consumers.

2. The Mahal isn't really much of a backpack bag since the discs and everything else is actually stored at the bottom of the bag. It might as well be like a regular touring bag with with 1 smaller dg bag on each side. I'm not saying the Mahal is not a great bag, I'm just saying they are different.

I appreciate your loyalty to your favorite bag, but don't be hatin' on a good company just because they make a slightly similar product.
1. I love the free market as well.
2. It is a TOTAL backpack bad and feels NOTHING like a tour bag on your back. The Mahal is the ONLY backpack bag that took years of experience and expertise in backpack making and gave dg'ers a industry leading YOKE system that leaves all other bags in the dust...FACT.
3. If you want to sit on an uncomfortable frame (their insinuation not mine) by all means go ahead.

Loyalty is not the issue. The best fitting, best built, best quality material bag is the focus and quite simply there is no bag that compares to a mahal. Not feeling, just fact. No hate here, just fact. Until another company invests in the custom fit ergonomics of a yoke system they will all be inferior in comfort which is #1 in my book.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepmart View Post
1. I love the free market as well.
2. It is a TOTAL backpack bad and feels NOTHING like a tour bag on your back. The Mahal is the ONLY backpack bag that took years of experience and expertise in backpack making and gave dg'ers a industry leading YOKE system that leaves all other bags in the dust...FACT.
3. If you want to sit on an uncomfortable frame (their insinuation not mine) by all means go ahead.

Loyalty is not the issue. The best fitting, best built, best quality material bag is the focus and quite simply there is no bag that compares to a mahal. Not feeling, just fact. No hate here, just fact. Until another company invests in the custom fit ergonomics of a yoke system they will all be inferior in comfort which is #1 in my book.
You're funny. What kind of car do you drive? Do you go around to car enthusiast forums and tell people they should stop buying other cars and just buy the kind of car you have because it is so great, no other car can possibly be better? Have you tried the Ergo? Should we all go around boasting that our favorite brand or product is the best and people shouldn't purchase anything else, even though we haven't tried anything else, in every thread? That would be kind of obnoxious.