Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
If you never intend to use it, why not cut it off?
Old 05-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 12
I intend to and do use the fly - I live in Oregon. But simply cutting off the hood will leave the top of the fly flapping around.

I know I can't be the only one who doesn't want to wear the hood but still wants a protective rain fly that covers the top of the bag.

And I know somebody has come up with a clever solution. The best I've come up with so far is to cut off half of the hood and attach two velcro hoops that would go around the top of the shoulder straps. Which I may just do. But I'm looking for better ideas before I start cutting...
Old 05-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefedora View Post
Lol, what a coincidence. I've been using a cabelas for at least 2 years now and it's a great bag. Still in great shape too. It was the rain fly on the ergo 2 that got me to recently order one though. The lack of a rain fly and lack of a good solution to one for the cabelas was really my only complaint with that bag.
I used my Cabela's for about a year and a half but got tired of the lack of a true drink holder. Plus I got a cart and I needed a top loading bag. So I picked up a hyzerbomb demo bag but ditched it after 1 tournament. It didn't hold enough discs and I had to attach another small bag to the cart to hold my putters.

Then I got the embark jartop. Its nice but it just got annoying having to take the putters out of the front every time I was done playing so my putters wouldn't warp.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
I used my Cabela's for about a year and a half but got tired of the lack of a true drink holder. Plus I got a cart and I needed a top loading bag. So I picked up a hyzerbomb demo bag but ditched it after 1 tournament. It didn't hold enough discs and I had to attach another small bag to the cart to hold my putters.

Then I got the embark jartop. Its nice but it just got annoying having to take the putters out of the front every time I was done playing so my putters wouldn't warp.
I attached a couple d links to the side to hold a tall metal waterbottle and I also keep a water bladder in the top compartment with a hose that just sticks out the zippered top. It's actually why I asked John to stick a d link in the side pocket and some elastic on the right shoulder strap so that it could hold the bladder up right and the hose would have some where to be snug against a strap.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 40
My bag arrived today but since it was used I would like to wash it to try and get some of the dirtier spots a little cleaner.

Anyone been successful at cleaning the bag?