Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 PM

Courses Played: 9
Check It Out: RHBH Drive critique

Ive been playing for about 4 years now on and off and have never really given my form a thought until i joined DGCR. I don't normally get a chance to play much during the winter due to work (crazy amount of hours at a ski resort). I took these videos today and noticed i am not following through much at all. Other than that let me know what you guys think i should work on. I can throw pretty consistent and accurate drives on a flat fairway from 350-400+ft. Thanks Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong. Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 187
Throwing Style: RHBH
Your hips are way too open for two reasons

1. You don't have an x step... your left foot should be behind you before you take your long step with your plant foot....you are 3 stepping the opposite way. pretend like you are on the rails of railroad tracks.....right foot always on the track in front of you.....left foot always on the track behind you.
2. When you plant your right foot it is way too open (ie your toe is pointed at the target) it should be pointed in more.

Also you are lunging forward......which is why you plant your foot straight out (so you don't fall over forward) You need to be rotary above your plant foot. Think of your head and your belly button as your centers of gravity. They should always be stacked one on top of the other for the duration of your reach back and pull through and finish. Basically stand up taller and don't lean into the shot.......Right now you are just muscling the disc.......the second one you have up was better

Also try throwing with your left hand in your pocket and stop following your shot with your head and eyes until your left shoulder comes through on the follow through

Last edited by BionicRib; 01-08-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 34
Send a message via AIM to superium
Wow where to start.
First get that left arm down and out of the way preferably against your stomach or aside of your left waist.
2nd - X-step
3rd - Small steps go a long way. That last long step kills all your momentum and center of gravity.
4th - Follow thru/pivot on your heel.
Well I guess thats a start.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 PM

Courses Played: 9
Thank you guys,I need to find a decent field without snow on my day off and really try to posture up and keep that arm down. I have tried a few times and felt so awkward so it is going to take quite a bit of practice. The rest of the winter should give me enough time to come back stronger this spring.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
A buddy of mine tucks his towel under his armpit to make sure he keeps his off arm by his side & out of the way. Might have got that off this board ...

Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
Don't hurt yourself. I agree with all the above. Your balance is all over the place and you need to turn more(hips) back rather than getting back to front motion. Slow down and focus on really late acceleration and good balance between your feet. Paul hops his rear foot to pivot back and see how his balance is throughout the throw compared to yours.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.