Old 12-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Special properties

Whether its consistent for a mold, or only happens with the one weird disc in your bag, what strange behavior have you noticed from your discs that you wouldnt have predicted?

I have a freak TP Giant. My only other Giant is an Air giant, so Im not sure if this happens with other Giants, but I have seen this happen three times now. My only explanation is that my TP Giant hits its low speed turn at pretty high speed.

A few times now when I've throw my Giant, it hits the ground pretty hard, appears to be at a compelte stop, but this vipunen will stand up on its edge and slowly roll up to a few more feet. Last time it did this it walked back towards the basket setting up a tap in which I didnt mind at all.

I think it has to do with the amount of spin its got when it lands, but in my head here's what's happening :

The Giant is a total brute, hits the ground with force, stands up, dusts itself off, and then walks over to where it wanted to be out of pure will and determination.

My xXx meanwhile is a panzy and wants to skip for half it's traveled distance. It's also pink but I think it would skip anyway.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHFH
I have a old beat in star Teebird that has developed a strange habit in it flight path. It has gotten to the point that it will turn a bit and as it begins to fight out of the turn it looks like it drops a bit, very suddenly, glides straight for a second and then starts it's mild fade.

Strange thing.

I also have a VIP Harp with next to no fade which is pretty funny in of itself. I can Hyzerflip it, unlike its BT Soft counterpart.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 16
My h1 is a breakdancer. Every time I throw a spike hyzer it'll either pop up after landing and spin like a top or continue to travel on its rim while rolling a little. It does some crazy stuff since its pretty overstable.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 37
I have an X Predator that brand new turned more than my Z Xpress or Star Sidewinder.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 33
I threw a Renegade a couple times and it turned and turned, and didn't look like it was coming back and then it did.

Weird disc.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
My h1 is a breakdancer. Every time I throw a spike hyzer it'll either pop up after landing and spin like a top or continue to travel on its rim while rolling a little. It does some crazy stuff since its pretty overstable.
I've got a buddy who had an old pro line monster that would do the same thing. It never wanted to skip, just pop straight up in the air, kinda do a backflip and fall back down.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
I have a 150g two ring dx aviar that insists it is stable. I can throw it as hard as I want and it will not turn. Have another just like it and if I sneeze at it wrong if will try to turn into a roller.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Bogey Member

I have a leopard that is very OS and lacks glide flies like a slower firebird. I can throw it at 100% and not turn it over. Crazy disc but love it for those short forehand ace runs. If I miss it won't glide too far beyond basket.

Another disc would be my volt it has the most workable skip ability. I've chained out more near aces with skipping it then I have throwing all my other discs.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
I have a super concave pre barry beast, blue, super pearly and chalky, it's an overstable BEAST. More like a firebird. It's available for sale or trade if anyone's interested