Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
I find them very slick. Has anyone had theirs scuffed up inadvertently or on purpose? I feel like they will feel great when the plastic offers something for my dry writer calusses to bond too. A bit of moisture (spit) works now but idely I think I prefer an abrisaveness or dirt layer for grip.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Birdie Member

If you find them to be slick wash them in warm water with regular bar hand soap. Mine were very slick but the washing made them very tacky.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
I dig mine. I'm still doing my basement practicing with the dx to save these a bit. Will warm up at tourneys with them. The dx actually make me focus more on my form and clean release. The mcpros seem to come out smoother with less effort, so practicing with the tougher should help on the course.

I've thrown about 50 putts with the, and barely any marks at all on them.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
I dig mine. I'm still doing my basement practicing with the dx to save these a bit. Will warm up at tourneys with them. The dx actually make me focus more on my form and clean release. The mcpros seem to come out smoother with less effort, so practicing with the tougher should help on the course.

I've thrown about 50 putts with the, and barely any marks at all on them.
Yes. The plastic seems to be extremely durable.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
I find them very slick. Has anyone had theirs scuffed up inadvertently or on purpose? I feel like they will feel great when the plastic offers something for my dry writer calusses to bond too. A bit of moisture (spit) works now but idely I think I prefer an abrisaveness or dirt layer for grip.
*Writer= winter
Old 02-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Got my blacks last night. They feel great but have the least grip of all. I'll have to try the bar soap wash to see if it helps add some grip to the blacks. I definitely prefer the yellows over all at this time.

Got purple, red, blue, and gold stamps. The black/purple is just about as sexy as it gets. Anyone else have anything different?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
The McPro plastic sounds just like the current run of KC plastic. Conspiracy theory: the McPro plastic is the KC plastic, and they ran them in colors (instead of white) so they could claim they're grippier.

It's a pretty good blend, though, the pair of red KC's I got last week are some of the tackiest I have. Rinsing them always improves the grip, the dry CO air and a little dirt make them really slick.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller3 View Post
The McPro plastic sounds just like the current run of KC plastic. Conspiracy theory: the McPro plastic is the KC plastic, and they ran them in colors (instead of white) so they could claim they're grippier.

It's a pretty good blend, though, the pair of red KC's I got last week are some of the tackiest I have. Rinsing them always improves the grip, the dry CO air and a little dirt make them really slick.
There is a claim it's grippier? I never knew that. They feel virtually identical to me, and i have white,black,yellow,orange KC's and yellow and orange McPros.

And worse theory...which kc plastic? Every one is slightly different, different amount of grip, firmness, etc, so really it could be the exact same, but just molded up slightly different (whichc is what i think happened)
Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
There is a claim it's grippier? I never knew that. They feel virtually identical to me, and i have white,black,yellow,orange KC's and yellow and orange McPros.

And worse theory...which kc plastic? Every one is slightly different, different amount of grip, firmness, etc, so really it could be the exact same, but just molded up slightly different (whichc is what i think happened)
I asked Paul on his thread, he said they were slightly grippier. Other people on his thread (and I thought this one) were claiming they were grippier as well.

I was referring to the KC's with flight #'s. Is there a lot of variation among them? I have 3 KC's with flight numbers that I got over the span of a year and they all feel the same.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:31 PM

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 57
How different are these from the older small bead dx san marinos