Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 148
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I kind of disagree, but at the same time I know that it would take some changes by every manufacturer to make it truly work.

Simple solution is - each mold has the disc type in the tooling, similar to what I've seen on newer discraft discs.

Less simple solution - bag checks, and just go by what can be found on the disc. Sort of like in magic: the gathering tournaments on a smaller level, TDs do deck checks but may not always know what's been reprinted from older sets, so they err in favor of the player (or look it up if there is enough time).

Yes, I did just make a MTG reference.

If I were to participate in a tournament like this, I'd throw:
6 PDs in various plastics and stages of wear
2 FDs, one C and one S
1 Predator

3 Comets in various plastics
2 Pain in various plastics
1 gator in champ
4 judges in various stages of wear (and various plastic when it comes out)

I wouldn't really see myself pushing a 25 disc limit at all, but 7 molds would work out just about right for me and my game.
So your solution is to eliminate all discs made before date "X" when they didn't have those numbers? IT wouldnt work unless everyone was using all discs from the same era. This would only help the DD/Lat 64 teams and the Prodigy teams Then you still have to police the DG companies that they aren't spreading a tooling reference # across ....blah, blah, blah..... Never gonna happen, and it just won't happen.

BTW I have about 3000 magic cards from right before revised to 4th edition and ice age. One of those 4 18" section baseball card boxes full plus another 18" baseball card box + a bunch of my favorite decks and some cards in 9 panel display sleeves... lol what a dork. I buy some from time to time but the new rules are beyond me. I have about 30 dual lands and a bunch of older rare things. I hate that they re-print things and make the old ones worth less. I guess the restricted cards dont get reprinted as often like demonic tutor, those dual lands, fork...things like that.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
For purpose of this exercise, does having the same mold in two different plastics count as two molds?
i say no way
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
So your solution is to eliminate all discs made before date "X" when they didn't have those numbers? IT wouldnt work unless everyone was using all discs from the same era. This would only help the DD/Lat 64 teams and the Prodigy teams Then you still have to police the DG companies that they aren't spreading a tooling reference # across ....blah, blah, blah..... Never gonna happen, and it just won't happen.
Well it was my simple solution I think you'd have to automatically err on the players side in that case. It would take years to implement, and even longer to enforce properly. Not saying it would ever happen, but if they wanted to go that way it would 'level' the playing field so to speak, making older non-marked discs (like CE plastic, 10x aviars, the high priced boutique stuff) less desirable because everyone would have to use newer identifiable molds.

Oh, and you should send those dual lands to me...I could make good use of them for you
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 56
I'd be screwed. Every single disc I have in the bag is a different mold. I know they say that's bad, but that's just how my bag worked out. And I like my current set up pretty well.

Also to note, I feel like various MVP molds are so similar, they're almost the same mold. The Ion is very close to the Anode, the Axis to the Vector, and the Volt to the Amp.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 148
I'll send you some iceage ones, lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 184
I carry about 5 or 6 molds and no more than 15 discs.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
I'd be screwed. Every single disc I have in the bag is a different mold. I know they say that's bad, but that's just how my bag worked out. And I like my current set up pretty well.

Also to note, I feel like various MVP molds are so similar, they're almost the same mold. The Ion is very close to the Anode, the Axis to the Vector, and the Volt to the Amp.
MVP is an interesting issue w/ mold limits. I believe I read in the "MVP Shock" thread that all of MVP's drivers share the same core, with different over-molds? Is that correct? If so, I wonder how that would play out w/ a mold limit.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 85
Destroyer x2
Firebird x2
Buzzz x2
Drone
Ce caviar
9x caviar

Done

Wysocki bag
Old 01-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.9
My bag is very close to conforming to this & I think it would be a great rules adoption.

Here's after thinning the herd.

2 - SSS Floppy Magic
FLX Cryztal Challenger
2 - Pearly Gator
1 - Glow Gator
3 - Z Buzzz
2 - Glow Firebirds one flat, one not as much (possibly rotated for Champs)
4 - Z Nuke varying beatness (can I loophole a Nuke SS that's stamped as a Z Nuke? :-)
Champ Roadrunner

Eliminated form the bag were the Rouge/Nuke SS, Rampage (will be missed the most) Blizzard Boss, Nuke OS,

Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
My regular bag fits this description.

2 Destroyers
2 Valks
3 Eagle-Xs
1 Monster
3 Rocs (rancho)
3 KC Aviars
1 Yeti Aviar

15 discs. I'll usually carry 4-5 additional backups that I'm starting to work in the bag.