Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Disc Golf Courses > Vacations & Road Trips

View Poll Results: Which course(s) are a MUST PLAY regardless of skill level? *voting is public*
Bailey Road Park DGC 4 3.33%
Bradford Park 43 35.83%
Eastway Park 9 7.50%
Elon Park – Long Course – The Angry Beaver 22 18.33%
Elon Park – Short Course – Mule Trail 6 5.00%
Hornet’s Nest 88 73.33%
Kilborne TPC Park 15 12.50%
Nevin Park 44 36.67%
R.L. Smith Park 48 40.00%
Reedy Creek Park 17 14.17%
Renaissance Park 79 65.83%
Squirrel Lake Park 7 5.83%
Sugaw Creek Park 9 7.50%
The Scrapyard (Idlewild Park) 15 12.50%
Winget Park 17 14.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Just don't butcher that course in Apex.

(seriously though, you seem like kind of a dick. Maybe a fishing trip or some yoga can reduce your bluster problem. )
I am kind of a dick. And I'm extremely cocky when it comes to DG.

Part of the reason I do what I do well. You have to be a cocky dick to run and assist in events the size that I do.

Sad but true. I truly wish I didn't have to be like this, in my personal life, I'm nothing close to the way I am in DG.

And sorry I didn't speak with you longer at CR This weekend - had a million things going on. I'm very approachable and always glad to talk with people, but I was helping run the event, playing in the event and also talking to players left and right about the layout we were playing and their thoughts.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelly View Post
And before anybody says that Ams didn't play Bradford at worlds, there has been a pro-am tournament. And apparently Schlepy forces everyone to give good reviews
And Dave, you are correct. I haven't lobbied for more reviews. But I'm STILL waiting for your review: (
I know there is a smiley face next to the part about me forcing good reviews so this is by no means a mean post aimed towards you, Rob ( I hate that Scrapyard is so under rated, you know that i have mad love for your course)

Most ( if not all ) of Bradfords lower rated reviews were done right after the course was put in and the course was rough around the edges to say the least. I know that i still have a lot of work to do on the course such as more steps on steeper parts of some fairways, erosion control, real trash cans (not bags hanging on trees), boxing in a few tee pads, newer better directional signs, etc...

The one thing that does irk me the most is that Bradfords benches don't get mentioned as much as they do at RL. Bradford has the same exact benches as RL has and more of them. I'm not blasting RL i'm just getting the bench mention off my chest.

Anyway, not sure about where i am going with this post other than just a shameless plug for Bradford.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleppy View Post
I know there is a smiley face next to the part about me forcing good reviews so this is by no means a mean post aimed towards you, Rob ( I hate that Scrapyard is so under rated, you know that i have mad love for your course)

Most ( if not all ) of Bradfords lower rated reviews were done right after the course was put in and the course was rough around the edges to say the least. I know that i still have a lot of work to do on the course such as more steps on steeper parts of some fairways, erosion control, real trash cans (not bags hanging on trees), boxing in a few tee pads, newer better directional signs, etc...

The one thing that does irk me the most is that Bradfords benches don't get mentioned as much as they do at RL. Bradford has the same exact benches as RL has and more of them. I'm not blasting RL i'm just getting the bench mention off my chest.

Anyway, not sure about where i am going with this post other than just a shameless plug for Bradford.
Thought you'd be used to bradford getting no love by now
Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Birdie Member

No love my butt. You should see the traffic we have been getting out there lately and it is winter! Spring and summer is gonna be crazy mad love out there!

But i know what you are saying. Bradford doesn't get the love it deserves because it is "so far" away from the umpteen other courses cluster ****ed in Charlotte.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post

Part of the reason I do what I do well. You have to be a cocky dick to run and assist in events the size that I do.

Man, if you believe that you need therapy.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
I am kind of a dick. And I'm extremely cocky when it comes to DG.

Sad but true. I truly wish I didn't have to be like this, in my personal life, I'm nothing close to the way I am in DG.
Hahaha wow. Being a cocky dick is not a requirement for running events.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
:

But i know what you are saying. Bradford doesn't get the love it deserves because it is "so far" away from the umpteen other courses cluster ****ed in Charlotte.
Hey if it was down there you'd have to deal with all those jack wagons like Stan more.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 105
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Ha, I can't believe people took that post serious.

I was trying to be literally as sarcastic as possible - except the end part.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Quote:

Thanks for the love for the Scrapyard.
I don't know why there isn't more mention of the great benches at Bradford. Maybe because Ams didn't play there at Worlds. OR, maybe they aren't as good as RL's . JK!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelly View Post
Thanks for the love for the Scrapyard.
I don't know why there isn't more mention of the great benches at Bradford. Maybe because Ams didn't play there at Worlds. OR, maybe they aren't as good as RL's . JK!
They are the same damn benches, only more of them!