Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Disc Golf Courses > Vacations & Road Trips

View Poll Results: Which course(s) are a MUST PLAY regardless of skill level? *voting is public*
Bailey Road Park DGC 4 3.33%
Bradford Park 43 35.83%
Eastway Park 9 7.50%
Elon Park – Long Course – The Angry Beaver 22 18.33%
Elon Park – Short Course – Mule Trail 6 5.00%
Hornet’s Nest 88 73.33%
Kilborne TPC Park 15 12.50%
Nevin Park 44 36.67%
R.L. Smith Park 48 40.00%
Reedy Creek Park 17 14.17%
Renaissance Park 79 65.83%
Squirrel Lake Park 7 5.83%
Sugaw Creek Park 9 7.50%
The Scrapyard (Idlewild Park) 15 12.50%
Winget Park 17 14.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Maybe if you built a bigger deck?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelly View Post
Maybe if you built a bigger deck?
I do have big plans for the whole area around hole 13 long and short tee pads. Can i count on you to help me "build" it up?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 144
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
I would say 90% of the course ratings on this site are a joke.

Maybe that's not the best way of putting it - the fact that some courses are rated higher than others on this site is a complete joke.

Beyond bad....yes I know there is no such thing as a wrong opinion, but this site really makes me not think that way anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Let's just let MTL rank every course.

Because your Leigh farm review was so objective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
Call out one of them but fail to comment on the many many many others I've done.

Laughable.
I just think it's funny that you call out others for giving unfair or wrong opinions of courses while you yourself had done the same thing. Is Leigh Farm a super amazing course? No. Is it bad enough to get half a disc rating? Not even close.

Yes of the other reviews I've read from you, you tend to be informative and fair with your rating. Though if you're going to start calling people out and saying the system itself is a joke then you shouldn't even have one review that is a part of the problem.

Secondly, yes I know it's an absolute fact that you are doing more for disc golf than most of us. I've heard from many people who are far more knowledge than I am on such things that you do a great job as state coordinator and from my experience you run a pretty good tourney. I've also heard that when pros were bitching at worlds you put them in their place and told them to man up and honestly I think you are suited for that job more so than most of us. For that I applaud you and thank you for your efforts. Though people tend to not like when someone in your position rubs that in their faces because it comes off as you saying you're better than us; even if that's not your intent.

I'll also point out that while we know your job as coordinator is volunteered it's something you volunteered for. You put yourself in the position to do all of this work so it seems a little off that you are calling people out for not being in the position to do the things you're tasked of doing. How can the average disc golfer do as much as you if they're not allowed to? On one hand you flaunt your position and put yourself on a pedastool for it while at the same time condeming others for not having that position.

I know of on more than one occasion where people were trying to do something to help move disc golf in our area forward and you came in and told us to stay out of it, that you would handle it. Now you tell me how those two concepts make any sense?

Heck just earlier today it was mentioned that somebody should put up numbers on the baskets on UNC because of all the complaints and when I mentioned that well yea that could be done you came in with an attitude and said that would get the course pulled. Did you explain why? Did you offer a person to contact about getting numbers put up? No you didn't.

For the record I've already inquired in to who does have the power to get those numbers up and if there's anything I can do to assist with getting them and signs that provide better course navigation in place.

Again, in my first post I was more or less taking a jab at you in jest because that's what I do and I'm completely okay with people coming at me with any criticisms they have of me. Though if you want to come at me and say that pointing out any criticisms of you are laughable then we'll just have to disagree.

Hopefully you don't take any of my comments as personal attacks against you because I have some problem with you or the job you're doing. If you would like to discuss any of the things I brought up, or any other area where we disagree I'm more than willing to drop my schtick as I just did and have a real discussion about them. If you need any help at any point with getting work done out at the Apex course I live not far from there and would be glad to get out there and help.

But that's the last seriousness you'll get out of me on the internet for at least a good week or two, back to your regularly scheduled new013.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleppy View Post
I do have big plans for the whole area around hole 13 long and short tee pads. Can i count on you to help me "build" it up?
You know I was joking about the deck. I may be able to give you some help. Figure out what you want/ can do and let's do it.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelly View Post
You know I was joking about the deck. I may be able to give you some help. Figure out what you want/ can do and let's do it.
Thanks, let me know when you got any projects you want to do at Scrapyard and i'll lend you a hand.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 77
In a few years when I move down to the Queen City, I'll join you guys in building courses.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPfaff View Post
In a few years when I move down to the Queen City, I'll join you guys in building courses.
The hell with that. All we want to do now is play.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleppy View Post
Thanks, let me know when you got any projects you want to do at Scrapyard and i'll lend you a hand.
You both have the same project and the same as we have at RL #7, Hornets #9, Sugaw #6, Bradford #13, Idlewild #9. Big honkin retaining walls. We have enough lumber at RL, Bailey, and Nevin to do 2 of these at least.

Schleppy is always being told he needs a bigger deck.

Im willing to turn this thread around to something everyone can agree on. I'm a bagger.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 185
Man, I should have done an "/thread". It might have actually worked this time. /thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Man, I should have done an "/thread". It might have actually worked this time. /thread
Just to ruin it