Old 12-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sticky Feet View Post
How do the current runs fly? I recently received a 174 from community and wanted to know how it flies
Good question. I've been thinking about getting a lower weight one (under 170). My blue flat 174 Neutron Shock flies very high speed stable. If thrown low it'll fade a little bit. A little air and it'll fade a ton. Mine seems to have very little glide though.

I have to throw it pretty hard to get it to fly right. My neutron Volt (168) I can get out to 330-340 but the Shock I can barely get out to 300.

I've often wondered if a lower weight or maybe even a different color would make a difference.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

I just got a new purple(new color new run) and am going to test it tomorrow. I can let ya guys know how they fly, but it's definitely going to be beef just because it is new.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:28 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 15
Here's mine... Slight dome but I hope it's still OS

Old 12-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sticky Feet View Post
Here's mine... Slight dome but I hope it's still OS[/URL]
Looks exactly like mine, color, weight and everything except yours looks like it has slightly more dome.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:55 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Anyone throwing these still? Was always kind of a sleeper mold with the volt taking the spot light but curious to hear how people are using it still with the release of the motion, tesla and resistor.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Anyone throwing these still? Was always kind of a sleeper mold with the volt taking the spot light but curious to hear how people are using it still with the release of the motion, tesla and resistor.
<raises hand>

I've got one I picked up right when the 2nd runs dropped. It's fairly beat up, but still nice and beefy. I've added a good bit of power since then, too. It's not the angry, bitter OS disc it was new, but it's still more OS than my E Volt was new, by a good bit.

I've been totally satisfied with it, enough that I never bothered with a Resistor, and I haven't checked out a Motion yet. I'm here right now to actually check the Motion thread where I asked about how much it skips. My only 'problem' with the Shock right now is that it doesn't always skip like I need it to on those shots.

My guess is, there'll be room in my bag for this Shock and a max wt. Motion, but time will tell....
Old 06-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
My blue shock has been in and out of the bag. It's bag in now. Beside the Resistor and Tesla the Shock will go longer than the Tesla before the fade kicks in and the Shock is more lateral fade. Fits my game better.

Compared to my Resistor, the Resistor is a lot more stable but I could use it on the same lines in a pinch. A light Resistor (mine is 172) might kick the Shock, current Resistor, and Servo out of the bag. Maybe a 150 class Motion might work too. So, many options from MVP these days.

Last edited by bfowler; 06-18-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 28
I use this disc a ton, I didn't really get the grip on how to use it until this summer but I've had it since it came out. I have been getting plenty of birdies with my Shock in the bag. I am not high on the Tesla and Inertia but the Amp, Shock, and Volt all get plenty of rotation and remain my main drivers.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
I like to have the Shock handy when I use my full bag. It is my longest overstable disc. It's a great mold to throw when you want some good fade, but not too meaty like a Motion, or Resistor.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:07 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
glad to see this bump was worthy don't sleep on the old MVP discs!