Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
Have you seen their green/yellow neutron discs? I've got an Amp in that color and it basically looks like a super bright neon green.
It's a wierd color. They're calling it 'lime.' When I got my lime Volt, I felt like it looked more like lemon indoors.

Outside, laying in the brown, dead leaves, it looks lime green, really stands out.

Wondering if the pink is the same? Looks subtle under lamp light, but really pops outside when it counts.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
why do you guys have to compare every disc to every disc? thats like the simplest form of thinking
Because it gives us a good idea of what it might fly like. It's easier to say that a new mold flies like another mold than to to say "use your imagination".
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
I just went to MVP's Facebook page and sure enough, there is a green Neutron. I gotta get one. The Amp and Ion that I have are the yellow I guess, but they are kind of neon in outdoor light. The colors do change depending on the setting.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 60

I had delivered a shock, amp and N vector today to complete my set of MVP drivers and midranges.

I was very impressed with the shock for forhand shots. I didn't quite get to open up backhand but I can say I was throwing nice forhand hyzers that felt consistently stable (showed no turn) but also with much less effort then if I was throwing a very overstable disc.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 52
Picked up a shock today and I am really disappointed, I have loved the mids and putters but the drivers are almost useless for bigger arms. They all 3 overlap way too much and none of them will hold up to any sort of power. My volt is actually a good bit more stable than the shock i picked up. I was really hoping to get an mvp disc that could take the place of my 11x kc teebirds, mainly because they are hard to find and expensive, but they dont even come close, until they make a driver that can be thrown without much turn, they will not be in any way competing with other companies.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 144
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
Picked up a shock today and I am really disappointed, I have loved the mids and putters but the drivers are almost useless for bigger arms. They all 3 overlap way too much and none of them will hold up to any sort of power. My volt is actually a good bit more stable than the shock i picked up. I was really hoping to get an mvp disc that could take the place of my 11x kc teebirds, mainly because they are hard to find and expensive, but they dont even come close, until they make a driver that can be thrown without much turn, they will not be in any way competing with other companies.
So you're complaining that MVP made some discs that weren't exactly what you were looking for even though the testers have already said it wasn't what you were looking for?

At no point did MVP say hey this disc will replace your 11x Teebirds, though perhaps as they fill out their lineup they will make a disc that comes close to that stability. Personally I've also been hoping they would take a shot at a straight disc with minimal turn and predictable fade but like you I'm waiting, though I just don't get all the complaining about how the disc you bought isn't what you wanted or thought it would be. How do you buy something you've never tested for yourself and expect anything out of it than what it is?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 28
<---throws far. doesn't flip them
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Par Member

the shock is supposed to be a stable to overstable fairway driver correct?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Par Member

And im not disappointed about them not replacing my teebirds, im disappointed in how much the 3 discs overlap, maybe i got a bad shock, but mine is understable.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
<---throws far. doesn't flip them
Ya, sounds like someone didn't do their research