Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25
I am disappointed in the 168 - 175 gram weight range because I would love to throw some < 160 MVP drivers.

Actually, what I want the most from MVP are 165-6 Anodes, soft or Neutron. Time for a new run!

Please?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajames View Post
This is what I have been waiting for from MVP!

The Volt turns too much for me when thrown RHFH.
Maybe it's your form? Just saying
Old 01-16-2013, 02:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
I haven't thrown the Volt yet, but have one on the way.
I have thrown the Amp, and am impressed. When given a full power/good form/clean release throw, it turns slightly right, flattens out and glides a long way. (At least it does for me). I was able to get it out to 375' w/ no problem.
As far as the Shock, I will wait till all the hype simmers down before I try it out. (This will also give me a chance to stock up on soft proton Anodes... *rubs hands w/ evil smile*)
Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 45
Yeah, I'm strangely indifferent. I don't know anyone who regularly throws the Volt or Amp. My one friend who buys every disc that is released by anyone has both of their drivers, but he doesn't seem to use either one. Being that I love my Ions and Anode and that I've heard good things about other MVP discs, I did buy a Volt yesterday, but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks... I've taken a break from disc buying until the Stag comes out. If that doesn't pan out, I'm sure I can borrow whatever this disc is called that we're talking about and see if I like it.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
looked at the MVP site and did comparisons of their drivers. It appears from their disc profile images that they are steadily raising the PLH of the over mold to create stability. looks like the guys at MVP really do their homework.
I noticed this when I was at Gotta Go the other day, talking with one of the store workers. He said that his co-workers could hardly tell the difference between the rims of the Amp and Volt. When compared side by side, they are very similar, the only difference seeming to be the Volt had a higher PLH.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 19
So I have an Ion and an Anode that fly almost exactly the same. I also have a Vector and an Axis that fly very similarly. I didn't bite on the Volt/Amp, but from what I've read there is a lot of overlap between the two. Will this disc actually prove to have a significant difference in flight?

I guess I'm not convinced based on my personal experience that MVP is able to produce enough change between their models by just pushing the overmold up and down on the rim. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
The volt and amp had no overlap for me. The volt was eagle like to me with not as hard a fade whereas the amp was sidewinderesque.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
The volt and amp had no overlap for me. The volt was eagle like to me with not as hard a fade whereas the amp was sidewinderesque.
I thought the shock was supposed to be eagle-like?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingace View Post
I thought the shock was supposed to be eagle-like?
you must have missed the part where he said "for me"

Old 01-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 57
There may be some more "in the know" folks w/r/t MVP on here, so chime in of course, but something I've kind of pieced together that is important for you if you're thinking about trying MVP, especially maybe their drivers.

I have a 176g Volt. It flies a skinny S curve for me, skinnier than a Beast, at least, when thrown hard and flat. A few testers, early buyers, with apparently more power than me, have said similar things about their max-wt Volts, but that they couldn't get a 170g one to flip up at all.

The theory that the "gyro" technology does this rings true. I.E. the heavier weights have all that added wieght on the outer edge, so they spin faster/longer, so they turn over/glide more. I'm buying this theory so far.

So, that would mean that the classic thought of "well, I don't have the power this guy does, so if I get a Volt in the lighter weight, it will fly this way for me" may not hold water. Or, to the poster looking for a more OS Volt for FH, maybe the counterintuitive move of going lighter instead of heavier might be what you're looking for...or of course this new Shock...

Every MVP disc that I'm messing around with right now seems to be MUCH more spin dependent than forward vel/arm speed dependent.