Old 02-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
I had a second round with my shock this morning and was still throwing nice glidy hyzers on tight lines.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 PM

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
I was excited to get my Shock today, as I get out of class early enough that I could go throw it. I checked the FedEx tracking while I was at class and it was listed as 'delivered.' I got home and there's no box here.

This isn't the first time that FexEx has screwed up an shipment of mine, but it hasn't happened in some time. It was probably dropped off at another house in the neighborhood.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by siblack8@gmail.com View Post
Well, my problem is that the same throw seems turn over more with the Shock, than the Volt, and the Amp wouldn't turn over at all.

I was throwing them one after the other on holes I play 2-3 times a week, so it seems pretty clear how they behave for me.

Could I have something systematically wrong with my drive? Absolutely.

But other discs seem to behave they way they are advertised for the most part. e.g. My Destroyer is overstable. My Sidewinder in understable. A new or champion T-bird stays straight when I throw it with power, until the end where it fades (although DX tbirds and Valks vary greatly for me, especially once they are worn in). However, these disks don't glide as nicely as my MVP discs do
Is it possible that psycologically youre tryin to manipulate the flight so much that youre underpowering the amp and overpowering the volt/shock? Because of a preconceived notion about how they should fly?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Is it possible that psycologically youre tryin to manipulate the flight so much that youre underpowering the amp and overpowering the volt/shock? Because of a preconceived notion about how they should fly?
Definitely been in that situation before... Still am to some degree.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogroat View Post
I was excited to get my Shock today, as I get out of class early enough that I could go throw it. I checked the FedEx tracking while I was at class and it was listed as 'delivered.' I got home and there's no box here.

This isn't the first time that FexEx has screwed up an shipment of mine, but it hasn't happened in some time. It was probably dropped off at another house in the neighborhood.
Haha. Received mine from them today as well. In the box was the two shocks and two amps along with a few others. I had a shock and an amp with large warps in the flight plate. Thankfully leaving them out and warming up it went away. Now it just needs to warm up so I can throw them.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
Ordered my shock today from Marshall street. Found a black one. Can't wait to play with it
Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Is the Shock forehand friendly?
Old 02-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfanatic7 View Post
Is the Shock forehand friendly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post

I was very impressed with the shock for forhand shots. I didn't quite get to open up backhand but I can say I was throwing nice forhand hyzers that felt consistently stable (showed no turn) but also with much less effort then if I was throwing a very overstable disc.
Sounds like it and many vids with people executing just fine... it is the most stable mold from MVP also which generally is preferred by most FH throwers.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 28
For me it flew more stable FH than BH. But my FH is really only used out to 325ft for control shots.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Maybe, but I don't think so.

For example, I tried the Volt and the Shock on a straight downhill hole that I recently switched to using a fairway driver or long Mid Range (Squall) because I can overthrow it into the street with a full driver. This is hole 6 at Delaveaga in Santa Cruz for those familiar with that course.

I threw the disc I usually throw now - The Volt. I had a nice rhythm going that morning (in fact tying my best score ever in short positions, -1). With the Volt I got within 25 feet of the hole. Then I just tried to throw the exact same way with the Shock, it turned over, landed about the same distance, but about 70 feet to the right. (By the other short position)

Then the rest of the day I used the Shock in situations where I often try to use an understable driver to get right to left action (holes 7, 9, 10, 15) and it worked really well for that. Predictably turning over without attempting to put a lot of power on it. I actually birdied 7, which is not that common for me. On 15 where I need a bit more power to reach the pin, I overpowered the throw and it flipped over hard to the right.

This is all with Right handed Back hand throws.

811rv > wonder if you did check the PLH on those three driver molds?

Nope, what is PLH?