Old 02-24-2013, 04:45 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
i think its pretty dumb of them to learn of and correct a mistake and continue to sell the the defect product. i have a shock that isnt a shock, and i cant even buy a good one yet? sweeet....
Its a learning process, they are new

At least they fix mistakes promptly.. look at innova, they still release inconsistent trash and neglect to fix it.

I bought 2 destroyers and one was flippy as a roadrunner and the other one was a meat hook.. the only difference was one was a bottom stamp.

Its safe to say MVP is the most consistent disc manufacturer overall. They do have some first run problems it seems, but they always fix any problems within a week or two of release. No one is perfect
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
i think its pretty dumb of them to learn of and correct a mistake and continue to sell the the defect product. i have a shock that isnt a shock, and i cant even buy a good one yet? sweeet....
Pull that stick out of your butt, they could have not fixed it at all.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHFH
I am a bit sad myself. Finally got my Shocks and Amps a day or two before the Shock changes were announced. Now that I've thrown them, they fly a bit to much like my Volts to be excited. I'd be happy with the "fixed" versions, but I think my wife would kill me if I spent more money on plastic in the next few months. >.<
Old 02-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 53
OK I definitely got one of the original Shocks, there is a little of flash on the bottom. I was wondering why it was less overstable than what MVP said it was gonna produce. I just thought it was the gyro tech. Kinda cool as these things are gonna be collector items... maybe.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
You obviously aren't that familiar with the industry. Every company does this. If a disc does not have cosmetic flaws, it's going to be sold. Latitude also has had to do quite a bit of tinkering with many of their molds to get their intended stabilities consistent, resulting in things like overstable Visions etc.

Being a PD thrower for years, I'm used to mold variation...
Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
The reasoning behind MVP's current way of releasing discs may be financial, in part. How many test Shocks do you want to blow through before you get it right? They might make a few, test them, and if they are coming out close to what they require, they do a full run at those settings.

I don't know how other companies run their test discs but it has to get expensive to keep making discs you never intend to sell if they're not molding up right, even if you regrind the plastic or sell them as X-outs.
This is what I said earlier in this thread, a few pages back.

Discspeed pretty much just confirmed it.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:58 AM
FROLF OFF!

Courses Played: 104
I love how people think the old shocks are diseased... lol They are still a nice disc and the new ones will be better but like discspeed said mold variations are extremely common in this industry and the main reason I have gotten away from an all Lat. 64 bag was due to their horrrrrrible variances in the past few years vs when they first came out. Havocs, Strikers, Vision, Core, Pain, and Pure alll were my go-to discs and between the different plastics now, stamps, and runs you never know wtf the disc will fly like-- where before they were almost identical.

The Shocks are not a night and day difference in this case but rather a fine-tuned version-- there will be manyyyyy people to buy the old shocks as the new runs will be too OS for the average players power level anyway to notice a HUGE difference. We are not talking a Sidewinder vs a Monster here' lol...
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Banned

pull the stick out of my butt? i have 20 mvp discs.. i have 4 volts, i did not need another.

and how could they not fix it... if they just fixed it and sent YOU one?

i like MVP discs (see above) but sometimes its clear that the company is run by 20 year olds
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 AM
FROLF OFF!

Courses Played: 104
Quote:
and how could they not fix it... if they just fixed it and sent YOU one?

huh?

i like MVP discs (see above) but sometimes its clear that the company is run by 20 year olds
because??

What does your post even mean?!

Old 02-24-2013, 11:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I understand your gripe, but this statement is pretty insulting to MVP honestly. Behind the 20 yr olds is their father who has like 50 years of experience in the molding business. Besides that, name a disc company who wouldn't sell their discs because they aren't as stable or understable as intended...