Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
I dont think it was EVER called a wind fighting Teebird

That was made clear by multiple testers and ZAM
Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 PM
* Ace Member *

MVP's main source of info on their discs for those in the know is HERE. If you read the MVP threads and the testers' descriptions of how their discs fly prior to your purchase then you are going to know what to expect.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 811rv View Post
AndyJB, you are not alone, I see the same thing, Shocks having more turn and harder fade than Volts. I was puzzled and now it is solved. I have 7 "old" Shocks and not sure if I ll use them in bag as I prefer Volts and would prefer new Shocks as well.
Glad to hear this. I was "shocked" when my Shocks were turning more but fading harder than my Volts.

I am excited to get my hands on a retooled version.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 24
I might be picky but MVP website says Shocks is slightly overstable (which make sense to me esp with new Shocks having HSS of 0 or so) but the "Tech Specs" for Stability is Stable so I think it should say "Slightly Overstable" instead of Stable to make it consistent with disc description.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
Correct, and the testers put that up front, that overstable doesn't always mean it is HIGH SPEED overstable but that the Shock had plenty of LOW Speed stability.

Now we won't ever know if MVP intended one over the other, or if they decided to listen to the customers and adjust the stability to what was wanted. The idea that the manufacturer is listening and adjusting according is revolutionary for disc golf. Most companies don't advertise changes like this
Old 02-24-2013, 03:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 46
About a week ago I filmed a round at a 9 hole course with old shocks and a putter. I decided not to post it since the new ones were already on their way.

I'm at that same course now, plan to film another 9. Then I'll edit the two rounds together for comparison. Might not show the difference too much since the course is short but hopefully it turns out informative.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:48 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
I might be picky but MVP website says Shocks is slightly overstable (which make sense to me esp with new Shocks having HSS of 0 or so) but the "Tech Specs" for Stability is Stable so I think it should say "Slightly Overstable" instead of Stable to make it consistent with disc description.
0 HSS and 2 LSS is overstable in my book.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I see what you're saying. On the descriptions it's a more conversational setting. The Specs area lists something more like a Class. Slightly Overstable falls into Stable.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Throwing Style: LHBH
It's understandable for folks to feel they were sold a disc which doesn't fly as advertised and be irritated by it. It's also understable folks who are fans of the company would rush to their defense. The easy solution is just dont early adopt. I want the Tangent, but I'll wait until production run reviews are out. If I waffle and pre-order because I can't wait a week or two, that's on me.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Par Member

^^^ Agreed.