Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
I'm loving the old run Shocks for forehand! Stable, but not so overstable that it masks serious form mistakes. Now I just need to come to terms with the fact that I fell for a disc that was immediately redesigned
You just gotta act fast before the new ones hit woodland valley or marshal street and stock up or even of you don't I'm sure they will have old ones on the shelf for a bit. Also you could get the shock dual artist stamp from disc nation which is guaranteed to be the old one. Their was 3 or 4 on their yesterday.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 41
or flick Volts
Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Eagle Member

I honestly might order all their fairway drivers - AGAIN. I can justify this expense as follows:

- I got a pre-order white Disc Nation Amp that was way more stable than expected.
- I got a FR Shock that was less stable than expected.
- I complained about these two and now I want to see if the newer ones are different. (But I'm not going to trade in my old ones because I like them too).
- I love my Volt. By far my best fairway driver. I want to make sure if I order another it throws the same.
- I love MVP plastic, grip, feel, looks and release.

If they can make a Katana like disc with the same grip, release and Gyro, I'll be a very, very happy DG hacker!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_Before_Breakfast View Post
I honestly might order all their fairway drivers - AGAIN. I can justify this expense as follows:

- I got a pre-order white Disc Nation Amp that was way more stable than expected.
- I got a FR Shock that was less stable than expected.
- I complained about these two and now I want to see if the newer ones are different. (But I'm not going to trade in my old ones because I like them too).
- I love my Volt. By far my best fairway driver. I want to make sure if I order another it throws the same.
- I love MVP plastic, grip, feel, looks and release.

If they can make a Katana like disc with the same grip, release and Gyro, I'll be a very, very happy DG hacker!
ya, lots of consistency issues. The shock difference is pretty crazy. Not sure how that can happen. Seems like the newer amp are more understable also. Even the volts are wierd, i have a really light one 167g i think and its super overstable.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
3 volts all fly the same.. "lots" of consistency issues is not a true statement at all-- Anodes all fly the same (4 of those) 3 ions all fly like IONS, eclipse and 2 proto, vectors are the same just have to watch for domey vs flat top...

How many amps do you have to compare runs? also my 169 volt is probably the most HSS but not super overstable-- the NEW shock does not even fit that description... come onnnnnnnn mannnnnnn'
Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Out of the MVP drivers the Volt is the longest for me so far...haven't thrown the shock nearly as much yet.
I think in ideal conditions for the Volt, it could go longer than the new Shocks. Ideal conditions being tail/crosswinds. I could crank the original shocks about 20-25ft longer. I think the late fade plus gyro helps me lock them in. The shock is the closest thing to an LF out there so it fits me well. I use those for anything 350-500ft
Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
or flick Volts
Yea I love flicking my Volt. It is so money through the trees which is the main time I find myself flicking fairway drivers (more space and I just hyzer something overstable)

Also, my volt is my fairway driver at this point. I carry a few but throw volt on 90% of fairway drive shots.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
3 volts all fly the same.. "lots" of consistency issues is not a true statement at all-- Anodes all fly the same (4 of those) 3 ions all fly like IONS, eclipse and 2 proto, vectors are the same just have to watch for domey vs flat top...

How many amps do you have to compare runs? also my 169 volt is probably the most HSS but not super overstable-- the NEW shock does not even fit that description... come onnnnnnnn mannnnnnn'

Im not bashing them, just being honest. Id call it "lots" when they already are allowing people to trade in an entire run of discs. Right now i have 4 volts and and if i go out and buy say a 170g volt, i really wont be able to predict the volt im buying. Then the amp,,,i mean cmon dude the first runs are as stable as volts. The newer ones are much more understable. If thats not "lots" of consistency issues i dont know what is.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM
* Ace Member *

I've spent much more time shaping 350ish lines with the MVP drivers than max d, so I guess what I really meant was that the Volt seems to require the least effort at that range.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
The first runs are always different from the later runs. Its not "inconsistency" its just they they change the mold alot of times after poeple have a chance to throw them and give feedback..

After feedback is received they change the mold based on criticism and then the mold stays the same from there on out.

I like that they take feedback and make tweaks, great job MVP, do what makes the customers happy