Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
yeah I would agree. at control distances. they aren't all that different. 10-25ft is minimal and always depends on the shot required
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
The first runs are always different from the later runs. Its not "inconsistency" its just they they change the mold alot of times after poeple have a chance to throw them and give feedback..

After feedback is received they change the mold based on criticism and then the mold stays the same from there on out.

I like that they take feedback and make tweaks, great job MVP, do what makes the customers happy
I am not sure they change the mold. It is usually just about adjusting how the overmold fits
Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukdukgolf View Post
Im not bashing them, just being honest. Id call it "lots" when they already are allowing people to trade in an entire run of discs. Right now i have 4 volts and and if i go out and buy say a 170g volt, i really wont be able to predict the volt im buying. Then the amp,,,i mean cmon dude the first runs are as stable as volts. The newer ones are much more understable. If thats not "lots" of consistency issues i dont know what is.
MVP has had lots of issues with their drivers, that is not really debatable. I also think that things here get overstated due to the infinitely small same size most individuals here base their opinions on (good or bad). I know for sure that this has caused a ton of stress for the MVP guys and that they have been working with unshakeable determination to resolve all issues. They will prevail. The most important thing is their process and commitment to excellence. They will not rest until their drivers match the consistency of their mids and putters (and let's face it, they will be the first company to make consistent drivers because its so damn difficult). The MVP guys are not magic or infallable, but they are relentless.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
I am not sure they change the mold. It is usually just about adjusting how the overmold fits
Indeed.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 40
Anyone know, in technical but laiman's terms, why its harder to get consistent drivers than mids or putters? I am genuinely interested. Because MVP Ions and Anodes are really the moat consistent putters Ive thrown. I can pick up any Ion, Neutron, Protons (medium, soft, Eclipse, whatever) and know just how its going to fly. I use a soft, textures bottom Ion in 175g and a Neutron in 170g and they are exactly the same in flight. I call the Neutron the "chain-hunter" because its so money. They are definetly more consistent than even my Pures.

On the other, my two shocks (one 168g neon green Skullboy/ZAM stamp and one 173g white) are different enough that even an extremely average player like me can see the difference. I love them both, but the green flies like an eagle-x and the white flies like an eagle-l. I actually prefer these to a more OS disc, because nothing beats a Teebird for that slightly OS Fairway driver slot...

Well that turned into a long ramble...
Old 03-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 18
Any markings on the 2nd run discs(compared to 1st)?
Basically, how can you tell the difference without comparing with PLH or throwing it?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Anyone know, in technical but laiman's terms, why its harder to get consistent drivers than mids or putters?
A small difference in a driver's parting line height has a much larger effect on it's flight than a small difference in a mid or putter...It gets very complicated, but that really is the gist of it. MVP had to get a new high tech machine as well as extra gizmos and readers to measure all kinds of things to reduce the amount of variables in the process. As I understand they are pumping out drivers that are close to perfection.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfanatic7 View Post
Don't worry though, if you contact mvp, they will replace your old run with a new run
That is good to know, thanks. I'll give them a buzz on Monday!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:52 AM
* Ace Member *

^they may not replace it for sure. they inspect it and if it does not meet their standards they will replace it. if not you get your disc back. THis leads me to believe that not all the early shocks are floppy. Either way i just sent mine to them we will see what happens. worse case i am out a couple bucks.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 53
I got a first run bright green Shock (awesome color!). It is not overstable or floppy, just stable... stable stable! My amp is under stable and this thing is a laser. You couldn't pry it from my cold dead fingers, it may be in the casket with me. I will buy a second run Shock, but gonna pick the color as I don't want to get the same color and be all screwed up when I'm on the course.