Old 01-24-2013, 02:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 499
Throwing Style: RHBH
Healdburg, CA

Acre Anvil Vineyard & Ranch

Ranch casual 'Frisbee Golf course' 9 holes (Groomed May thru October); Please bring 175 gram 'Ultimate Frisbee' brand Frisbees - and not 'Discs' (the course is shorter than a regulation 'Disc Golf Course')

I was going to take a Condor or Superhero to play with, just short fun course. I talk to the guy running the venue once and he seemed cool as long as there wasnt anyone there. Just has to be planned well. Its a course for pure course bagging if you can get to it.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 141
Throwing Style: RHFH
Anderson Valley Brewing Company - Friday 2:30PM. Anyone down to meet up for a round or two? My buddy I was going to meet bailed on me and this is a course I'd rather not play alone... But I will if I have to... just thought I'd throw it out there. And I have a camping site right down the road (0.7mi) at the fairgrounds; you would be welcome to share my campsite! I'll have a grill and lots of food
Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21
Courses Played: 68
I'll be at Lake Sonoma on Saturday. We'll officially open up tees 6-9 which were poured last weekend. It is a perfect place to get 9 or 18 in. Great BBQ facilities and scenic in the dry creek valley.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazer View Post
thanks for the intel Chris. Maybe I will skip the mountain courses this spring and plan a separate trip for this summer and maybe you can show me around a few of those unlisted courses How long of a road trip should I plan? I'm down for whatever; I know you know great courses and I would be extremely grateful if you would show me around a few
It's all going to depend on how deep into it you want to go, and how many courses I can get you into. There are quite a few courses around that you will not find listed on any website, and some of them take quite a bit of time to play, so it's hard to say how long it will take. I'll try to figure out how long of a trip you should plan on, but if I were to take a guess right now I would say close to a week.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 611
GOD DAMN, YOU GUYS!!!!!!! YOUR GONNA MAKE ME TAKE ANOTHER ROADTRIP TO CALI JUST TO PLAY ARCATA'S UNLISTED NOW!!!!!!!!!
Thinking i will fly this time tho. Hazer sorry to here Bong Bailed on ya man. AVBC will be alright to play alone, much better with company tho.

Last edited by Shuie; 01-24-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuie View Post
GOD DAMN, YOU GUYS!!!!!!! YOUR GONNA MAKE ME TAKE ANOTHER ROADTRIP TO CALI JUST TO PLAY ARCATA'S UNLISTED NOW!!!!!!!!!
Thinking i will fly this time tho. Hazer sorry to here Bong Bailed on ya man. AVBC will be alright to play alone, much better with company tho.
I would love to have you out here for another round Shuie. Plan an early summer or fall trip, and I'll take you out to some of the best ones. If you come in mid summer it will still be allright, but some of the courses that are up in the hills will be roasting, and you will have to plan extra days just to kick it by the river. You could fly right into Arcata and we could get you playing new courses the same day that you were playing courses in WI. It could be a fun day to play the Shu Pond at sunrise, fly out to Arcata, then go play the Beach the same day.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Bogey Member

Road trip complete. Unfortunately I was not able to get onto Travis AFB, so I couldn't play National/Johnson Field. Other than that I played all the courses on the list. Thanks to all who replied to this thread.

And Chris, in regards to Shu's trip: First, it's like -30 with multiple feet of snow on the ground in WI right now, so playing Shu Pond in the early morning is most likely out of the question. Second, the only way to fly into Arcata from Green Bay is to make 2 connections, and it's about 10-11 hours of travel time. Cool thought, but probably not really possible.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:14 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 7
I hope you had a good time playing the courses up here!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazer View Post
Road trip complete. Unfortunately I was not able to get onto Travis AFB, so I couldn't play National/Johnson Field. Other than that I played all the courses on the list. Thanks to all who replied to this thread.

And Chris, in regards to Shu's trip: First, it's like -30 with multiple feet of snow on the ground in WI right now, so playing Shu Pond in the early morning is most likely out of the question. Second, the only way to fly into Arcata from Green Bay is to make 2 connections, and it's about 10-11 hours of travel time. Cool thought, but probably not really possible.
I was talking middle of summer, when the days were long. There is the posiblity that it could work with the right timing.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humchris85 View Post
I was talking middle of summer, when the days were long. There is the posiblity that it could work with the right timing.
Yeah in the summer for sure. He could fly out at 9:30AM and arrive in Arcata around 6PM. Definitely doable