Disc Golf Center
Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
This can be an easy/frustrating at times fix.......I would recommend start it from a stand still first.......Then building from there. Also try to get a video of yourself from behind the tee. It looks as if you may be pulling a bit from behind your body instead of straight back. Also you are not loading your hips on those throws.....When you reach back your right butt cheak should be pointed at your target and when you plant you should stagger that plant foot out about 30degrees left. Right now you are stepping straight out and your hips are already open before you even plant
This may be a dumb question, but when you mention starting with a stand still first are you saying to use the staggered stance from the stand still?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 185
yes.....to get the weight transfer and your reachback/pull through down first........then build
Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Par Member

Ok, so I had my girlfriend take some videos of me driving from behind. I put some effort into setting my plant foot further to the left

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 106
Not too shabby. Looks like you drop your elbow off plane and are changing the plane of the disc during the throw. Also check your wrist/disc orientation. Keep your elbow up and delay acceleration. You lose your front side bracing/clearing, you should feel the pressure through the insides of your feet/legs through your core. You should also land more on the toes keeping the hips turned back more.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Not too shabby. Looks like you drop your elbow off plane and are changing the plane of the disc during the throw. Also check your wrist/disc orientation. Keep your elbow up and delay acceleration. You lose your front side bracing/clearing, you should feel the pressure through the insides of your feet/legs through your core. You should also land more on the toes keeping the hips turned back more.
Thanks for the observations.
Sounds like I need to focus on keeping my elbow, wrist, and disc on the same plane along with staying on my toes. I've got some practice to get in, unfortunately I've got a tournament this Saturday and Superbowl Sunday of course, so no update videos until the following weekend.
I'm not really sure what you mean when you refer to my front side bracing/clearing, I assume it's related to my poorly timed/executed weight shift?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_c View Post
Thanks for the observations.
Sounds like I need to focus on keeping my elbow, wrist, and disc on the same plane along with staying on my toes. I've got some practice to get in, unfortunately I've got a tournament this Saturday and Superbowl Sunday of course, so no update videos until the following weekend.
I'm not really sure what you mean when you refer to my front side bracing/clearing, I assume it's related to my poorly timed/executed weight shift?
Correct. You aren't fully bracing through the front side of your body and getting your hips to rotate through and clear back to whip the rest. So your current weight transfer is more of a slam forward than a smooth transition. If you watch your finish your hips have too much back to front movement, they should be more stationary/rotary to create more torque. Part of the problem is your balance in the backswing. You do have a good rhythm though.