Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 186
Have you started looking at route options? I-65 south or smaller highways (and a more direct route)? It matters as to what courses are hittable on the way down (or back up).

Also what time do you think you'll make it to Indiana on Thursday?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
The designer of the osage grove course, Adam, doesn't want the reviews turned on early because the course is not finished yet (no tee signs, few benches, etc). The course is there and will be great when it is finished (I would say around a 4.25 rating). It will be a championship level course when the baskets are in the long positions. I think that he is just dodging an overall lower rating from early reviews.... reviews of an unfinished course.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 289
I have made 3 roadtrips to Cincy in the last 2 years, after the Big 3 (now 4 counting Goshen), Harbin is decent but noting special and Handyman in Dayton is very good. I have also played Winton Woods and and Woodland Mound but won't go back to these two.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 91
I just went to cinnci. I don't know what else u should play outside what you mentioned but after or before if you play mt airy make sure to go to the comet and get a burrito and some homemade ginger ale. A local told me to go there and I am sure glad he did!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 289
near Mt Airy is Mt Washington Chili at 3005 Colerain Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45225. Great unique local chili that's not Skyline or Gold Star although they all taste the same to me.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discNDav View Post
near Mt Airy is Mt Washington Chili at 3005 Colerain Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45225. Great unique local chili that's not Skyline or Gold Star although they all taste the same to me.
That's Camp Washington Chili. It is pretty good, but if you're going to try a local chili parlor instead of hitting one of the chains, I would recommend Pleasant Ridge, Price Hill, or Blue Ash Chili. Camp Washington Chili is the closest to Airy though.

And the Comet is awesome. If you find yourself in town on a Sunday night and love Bluegrass, it's the place to be!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by discNDav View Post
Be sure to check out some Cincinnati chili while you're here.

Dixie Chili in Newport is the one I grew up on and still think it's the best around. Most others don't like Dixie. I don't like any of the other Dixie Chili restaurants except that one (I think there's 4 total). Weird how that is here.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 617
Throwing Style: RHFH
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/roadtr...=8507&tid=1928 Ok this is a mach route right now. as you can see i am trying to a quality and quantiy trip. one i head back into indiana i am head back towards home.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
I would replace Gardner Park with Turtlecreek. It's in between Monroe and Mason. It's not that Gardner is a BAD course, but Winton Woods is even a better option just because it has a 30 year history (early Steady Ed course) and is soon to change from what I understand. It's also easier to follow and find the tees for someone new to the courses.

Overall, it looks like you are going to have a blast though. I'm in the Fairfield area. Depending on when you'll be in town, if you'd like a guide for this area, I'd be happy to help. I'm not much of a golfer anymore, but I can keep up.

Last edited by tbird888; 01-22-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 36
Depending on the day i could probably show you around Idlewild. let me know when exactly you will be in. Also I think miami is closed or a 9 hole right now and pride park is probably one to skip. Definitely Monroe is a must and also harbin. I have not played all of goshen, long story, but what I did play was really nice. If you go up to dayton and head out i-70 to get back, Handyman and sycamore trails are also nice courses.