Old 01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
I will disagree with you CC. I would argue Pride with a guide/spotter over Harbin just because it's not just a wide open windfest. I like that it's so primitive though. Many probably wouldn't want to climb down into and out of a creek twice to play four holes though.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.4
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
I'm going to have to disagree about Sycamore Trails. The first four holes will make you wonder if you're really on a disc golf course. It's OK to go there but I just couldn't go without warning ANYONE that thinks about playing that course.

The rest of the holes are OK with a couple exceptions.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I'm going to have to disagree about Sycamore Trails. The first four holes will make you wonder if you're really on a disc golf course. It's OK to go there but I just couldn't go without warning ANYONE that thinks about playing that course.

I would recommend Belmont for a fun round in Dayton.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post

I just played it two months ago and actually went back to play it again the next day. I really enjoyed it. It can be a bit confusing from 10 to 11 but other than that it was a fun course. I am not sure when you were there last but I thought hole one was awesome and actually birdied it, Hole 2 is a bit unfair and needs some trees cut down but after that it is a fun course. Take a map for sure but other than that I thought it was fun and plan to definitely get back to it again this year. I think the only thing about one is that don't go after a rain because you may not be able to cross the creek. I do think some basket positions were over thought but other than that it is on a nice piece of land. 10 was a hole I did not like because it was near the highway.

Belmont was fun also but can be really confusing as you see baskets for other holes that are not the hole you're throwing and not see the basket for the hole you are throwing. Just be careful of the gnome with no pants at the local krogers!!

Last edited by Chainchaser; 01-23-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I will disagree with you CC. I would argue Pride with a guide/spotter over Harbin just because it's not just a wide open windfest. I like that it's so primitive though. Many probably wouldn't want to climb down into and out of a creek twice to play four holes though.
It's been years since I played there and I played it once and never went back. I know when I was there it was run down with baskets missing and just generally in bad shape. May be in better shape now.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Neither Pride nor Harbin are going to win awards for sure. I just recommend Harbin almost last for courses in the area because I'm not a fan of wide open courses that rely on wind for difficulty (which Turtlecreek also suffers from on the front 7, but you at least find your way into the woods eventually). I know they didn't have much to work with out at Harbin and did a decent job with what they have, but it's just pretty dull to me. It does have much better tee pads than Pride though.

I think it's great that we have a wide array of courses available to us here though. I know Harbin sees a lot more play than Pride ever has.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 615
Throwing Style: RHFH
Think I might stick with what a I got in the cinci area, as I will be back one if not two more times this year.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuie View Post
Think I might stick with what a I got in the cinci area, as I will be back one if not two more times this year.
Sorry about that got a little off track. You will probably do well to get in idlewild, lincoln and airy in one day. Like I said if I know the exact date and i have nothing going on at work hit me up and i will show around idlewild.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 615
Throwing Style: RHFH
So, Now that we has discussed that Disc Golf. Any awesome breweries in the area????

Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 59
check out Great Crescent brewery in Aurora, In. http://www.gcbeer.com/

they have a taproom with $4 pints and either wood-fired pizza and/or sausage/cheese plates available