Old 10-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Bogey Member

Cle elum

I have been playing Hansons Pond DGC in Cle Elum Washington every other week lately. Very challenging technical course that nobody in the Northwest seems to have heard of. This is my attempt to get contact from a local. I know they are on this site as the course is listed here. I tried to contact people through NWDGN with no luck. Please send me a PM if you live in the Cle Elum/Ellensburg area and want to meet up and play some rounds. Everyone else, if you are traveling along Hwy. 90 in central Washington check out this course. Very fun and challenging for sure. Tee pads are a little rough but other than that its worth your time.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 94
Throwing Style: RHBH
Have you tried clicking on "Members" at the top of the page, then clicking on "Members near me" in the drop-down menu? If you see someone on there close by you could maybe send them a PM and get somewhere that way. Good luck to you. I knew about the course, but i've not been east on 90 since it went in so i've not played it. Soon, I hope.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Par Member

I never noticed that Members menu thing existed.

It's pretty awesome.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Have you tried clicking on "Members" at the top of the page, then clicking on "Members near me" in the drop-down menu? If you see someone on there close by you could maybe send them a PM and get somewhere that way. Good luck to you. I knew about the course, but i've not been east on 90 since it went in so i've not played it. Soon, I hope.
Learning something new everyday! Thanks Jeff.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Bogey Member

Tons of golfers out at Cle Elum today. Every one of them came up and asked if I was local. I guess because I was playing solo. Everybody was from out of town! Also shattered my favorite 8x Roc.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia gorge View Post
Tons of golfers out at Cle Elum today. Every one of them came up and asked if I was local. I guess because I was playing solo. Everybody was from out of town! Also shattered my favorite 8x Roc.
Playing Cle Elum
Shattering Rocs

had it happen to a 10x roc. never bought another that old. just happens.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 12
What? Cle Elum has a course? I never knew that. Can you provide a location so I can make a trip out there? Is it worth the drive from Spokane.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 42
I also knew about the course but haven't been out that way in a few years. I really doubt that it's worth the drive from Spokane unless you're going on to Seattle. You guys have some killer courses out there that are probably worth MY drive from Seattle though.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Bogey Member

There are no tee pads at the course. That is the only downfall. It's on this site as Hansons pond. I believe it was installed in 2011. Great new Discatcher baskets and very technical. It would be worth the drive from Spokane if you were doing something else out this way or meeting friends. My girlfriend is attending CWU in Ellensburg so I play it every other weekend. Hit me up if you get overly curious and want to come play the course sometime. Very conviently located right off I-90 at exit 84.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:33 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
I'd love to make a trip out that way and play with ya sometime its only about an hour from me not too bad.