Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 6
looking for backpack straps?

i was wondering what kind of backpack straps everyone would recommend for my gorilla boy chimp? i was either thinking about getting the phenix quad shocks or the new dynamic disc back pack straps
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpusa View Post
i was wondering what kind of backpack straps everyone would recommend for my gorilla boy chimp? i was either thinking about getting the phenix quad shocks or the new dynamic disc back pack straps
I haven't hand any problems with my quad shocks, but I would replace the carabiners right away.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptive1 View Post
I haven't hand any problems with my quad shocks, but I would replace the carabiners right away.
I've heard the Quad Shocks aren't as solid as they used to be, but I've had them for almost five years now and still love them. I would second the carabiner replacement though. I had one fail on me in the first round of a tourney, and I was miserable. I replaced all four the next day. Aside from that, I've had zero problems.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
why replace the carabiners?? phenix quads are great and are well made, and I've heard phenix has good customer service. worth the extra money if you're a gangster. But cheap Innova quads work well too.

Also, just from personal experience, (DOES this happen to anyone else?!?) I have phenix quads and I find that when I have the straps tightened properly so the bag rests on my lower back, that the back of the straps put pressure on my neck. It's like the angle of the straps is too small for my shoulders. or something. this happen to anyone else??

Edit: I do carry two extra carabieners as well as Zip tie things in case of a bag emergency. lol
Old 03-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 15
I have the Lat 64 quads. Work great for me
Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 51
I just have the cheapie Innova backsavers and they work great for me. Maybe I'm just too cheap to justify the difference.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 18
I got a pair of Quads for Christmas and they're comfy on the back. DGW had them on sale and I think still have 15% off store wide, so give them a call if you want a pair. I've also heard that quality may be a bit down from how they used to be made, so I'd recommend them with reservations.

The carabiners don't seem like the highest quality, but I haven't had any problems with them, so no complaints there. One of the plastic rectangular pieces that connect the elastic part to the rest of the strap did break the first time I took the bag out, leaving me with one strap for the rest of the round. No abuse, I was just hoisting the bag onto my back and the thing snapped.

Those little pieces take a great deal of force, since they're connecting the elastic to a rigid piece. That's where they absorb the "shock" if you will, so I didn't think they should be made of such cheap plastic. For less than $2 I got a couple of metal, rectangular connectors with a screw down closure from Lowe's. I don't know the proper name of those little things, but they're well worth 98 cents or whatever they were. There's been no trouble since I put 'em on.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Par Member

any one hear anything about the dynamic disc back straps
Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 PM

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHFH
Matt,

They haven't had any protos here in lewisville yet, but after seeing the proto for the backpack I went ahead and orderd the commander with straps. I was very impressed with the look of the bag. I will do a review once my gets in.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Par Member

just went ahead and ordered the quad shocks since dynamic said theres wont be available till the first of april